Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Health - Disability
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:16 AM

lol that checked every box.

(The post this was a reaction to was deleted, and rightfully so)
The most important thing I have learned from the career forum is that the gurus in this field and keepers of supreme knowledge regarding all matters pertaining to the actuarial profession are unlettered actuarial students with < 5 years of experience.

Last edited by Locrian; 06-20-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 AM
SOA

College: bj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
lol that checked every box.

(The post this was a reaction to was deleted, and rightfully so)
lol you changed tunes so quickly it was a good post the moderators just want to kiss up to the seniors here...tfan posts all the time he needs to be called out but this is what we have
Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM
SOA

College: bj

seriously dw are so weak...they can't get someone a job fact all they can do is place someone who can get jobs. and they come here and kiss a lot of those butts. I never liked them..
Old 06-20-2017, 01:08 PM
SOA AAA

Did we miss something?
DTNF's Résumé Advice: Have a good and interesting answer to every item on it for the interviews.
DTNF's Law of Job Offers: You not only have to qualify for the position, but you also have to be the best candidate available for the offer.
DTNF's Work Philosophy: I am actuary. Please insert data. -- Actuary Actuarying Rodriguez.
Twitches' Advice to Crazy Women: Please just go buy your 30 cats already.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:10 PM

To answer your question DTNF,

lookingon1 had the most amazing rant about one of your old posts. I wish I could tell you what it was about, but their writing style doesn't lend itself to logical summary. I have no idea what could have triggered it. While I support it's elimination, I'm also saddened, because it was so unexpected and. . . unique. It was really wonderful.

And you should have a pretty good idea of the coherency and articulation based on lookingon1's other posts.
The most important thing I have learned from the career forum is that the gurus in this field and keepers of supreme knowledge regarding all matters pertaining to the actuarial profession are unlettered actuarial students with < 5 years of experience.

Last edited by Locrian; 06-20-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Old 06-20-2017, 05:26 PM
SOA AAA

Perhaps his college did not, um, "fully matriculate" him?

'cause, that can be frustrating.
DTNF's Résumé Advice: Have a good and interesting answer to every item on it for the interviews.
DTNF's Law of Job Offers: You not only have to qualify for the position, but you also have to be the best candidate available for the offer.
DTNF's Work Philosophy: I am actuary. Please insert data. -- Actuary Actuarying Rodriguez.
Twitches' Advice to Crazy Women: Please just go buy your 30 cats already.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:24 AM
SOA

Studying for MLC
Favorite beer: New Albanian Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big ole nasty fish View Post
I'm saying that the large carriers will be put out of business because their business model cannot compete with the low cost business model of a small technology company
Doctors will fee for service anything like this right into the hole. You have no idea how good at billing for services providers are. It is naive to assume health insurers are the bulk of the problem in the healthcare industry.