Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Health - Disability
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 08-29-2017, 01:02 PM
SOA AAA

College: Western Washington, Colorado-Boulder
Default Milliman Healthcare Training Seminar (San Diego, October 3-5, 2017)

Hi, all - many of you may remember that we had a commercial actuarial/underwriting training seminar last summer in Seattle - very well received, and we got a lot of good feedback.

(Thread for reference's sake - I would have bumped it but it had the date in it: http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...d.php?t=310862)

Anyhow, one of the pieces of feedback that we received was that this is great, but a Medicare track would also be great. So this year, we have two tracks - commercial insurance and Medicare:

http://meetings.milliman.com/events/...ampaign=buffer

We have a mix of presenters (from Milliman, other consultants, and insurers), and it's a great way to learn what's going on in the industry, or to catch up, or to just get CE credit.

The event will be in San Diego this October. For presenters, detailed topic information, or to register, please check out the link above.

Thanks!
The opinions of Doctor No do not necessarily represent the opinions of mathematicians or consulting actuaries. Facts cited by Doctor No are not necessarily facts. Find me on Twitter: @NorrisDoug. If you send me a LinkedIn invitation, please let me know who you are (unless it's obvious how I know you).

Last edited by DoctorNo; 08-31-2017 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-31-2017, 02:57 PM

I do not think the dates in your message title are correct. It looks like the seminar ends (not starts) on 10/5.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM
SOA AAA

I agree (and corrected) - thanks!
The opinions of Doctor No do not necessarily represent the opinions of mathematicians or consulting actuaries. Facts cited by Doctor No are not necessarily facts. Find me on Twitter: @NorrisDoug. If you send me a LinkedIn invitation, please let me know who you are (unless it's obvious how I know you).
Old 09-04-2017, 06:56 PM
SOA

Since Milliman also calls this an employment event, it'd be nice if the fees are significantly lower than $1,550.00 for those attending as job seekers, who are probably graduates in debt.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:17 PM
SOA AAA

Although I can tell you that the relationship between costs and fees is closer than you probably think, if you e-mail Audrey (e-mail address in the registration link above) and ask about reduced registration fees for someone in your situation, she may be able to work with you.