Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > FAC, APC and PEC discussion forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

FAC, APC and PEC discussion forum Fellowship Admissions Course, Associateship Professionalism Course, and Practice Education Course Discussion Forum

Old 01-24-2020, 01:28 PM
SOA

College: Georgia State University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Fan View Post
Here's the e-mail that I got:

So I'm interpreting that as I pay on the SOA website just for myself ($2,650) and put zero guests. Then I fax my guest and credit card information to customer service.

Let us know what they say when you call. I need to know if my interpretation is correct, and also what is meant by "credit card information." (Just the number and expiry date, or the CVV also)
Just give Sue Maki a call to tell her your credit card information and send your guest information through email. It's much easier than doing a fax and you know for sure she receives everything. Now I got to work on my slides for the presentation. Good luck guys and see you all in Atlanta.
FAC
Old 01-24-2020, 01:38 PM
SOA

Studying for ??

Still waiting to hear back from the SOA about my invitation. Emailed them Tuesday and called yesterday but couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone.

Edit: Finally heard back - I'm good to go!

Last edited by goodfella7763; 01-24-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Old 01-28-2020, 04:03 PM
SOA

College: Simon Fraser University Alumni

I just got my invite to the FAC! DMAC was accepted last Tuesday 21st, so I was starting to get a little nervous. Alright, on to flight booking. Yay!
Old 01-29-2020, 03:27 PM
SOA

Studying for Fellowship Adm. Course
Favorite beer: Blue Moon Belgian White

I know Cooper Global is offering us free transportation, but will they transport our guests as well?
Old 01-30-2020, 01:02 PM
SOA

College: Eastern Kentucky University Alumni

Quote:
I know Cooper Global is offering us free transportation, but will they transport our guests as well?
I would think so. Our guests are getting some kind of badges too right? So they'll be able to see they are with us.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:42 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for nothing!

Quote:
In my shuttle request for the Dec 2019 FAC, I noted "Shuttle request is for myself and my husband" under the "Any additional Notes or Requests" section. Keep in mind that you need to provide your flight info in the request. The acknowledgement email said "Your flight information has been received. Confirmation for your arrival and departure will be emailed to you closer to the event date."

I was scheduled to arrive at the airport around 4:30pm, and I didn't get an email with the arrival shuttle information until around 12:30pm that day. There were some reps holding up a "Society of Actuary" sign after we left baggage claim.

For the departure schedule the morning after the FAC ended, I think I got the shuttle info at least 24 hours in advance. The day of, a representative asked us for our information while we waited in the hotel lobby.

We had no issues getting on the shuttle from/to the airport.

While at the FAC, I heard from another candidate that we were supposed to pay $50 or $75 for our guests, but I didn't hear that from anyone with the shuttle company and I was never charged.

Last edited by CrispyCobb; 01-30-2020 at 02:49 PM..
Old 01-30-2020, 05:40 PM
SOA

Studying for C
College: UW-Madison
Favorite beer: New Glarus Cabin Fever

what if our guests are coming at a different time? my boyfriend will be in just for the awards dinner, not the rest of the days.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:57 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTown13 View Post
what if our guests are coming at a different time? my boyfriend will be in just for the awards dinner, not the rest of the days.
I was told the free shuttle was only for those coming in on Sunday and departing on Wednesday/Thursday, and that those traveling on other days can get a quote from the shuttle company or will need to arrange their own transportation.

It's possible the $50 or $75 guest charge I mentioned in my other post was actually for guests coming in just for the graduation dinner.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:28 AM
SOA AAA

Is anyone else bringing small children, and if so, how are you managing car seats and what not?
Old 02-01-2020, 10:49 PM
SOA AAA

What do people wear to this dinner? Guys suit and tie? Girls - sleeves, short long?