Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: KCCO Gold Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
One night my freshman year of college I played counter strike for 8 hours straight on a bet. Needless to say I didn't make it to class the next morning.
I've had many nights where I was unable to sleep and played straight through the night...so 6-7 hours wouldn't be unheard of by any stretch of the means

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I like playing with myself
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 AM
CAS AAA

Studying for Nothin!
Favorite beer: Root

Long time ago I got into a fight with my wife. We retreated to our corners and I played Final Fantasy IX for 8 hours straight... without a potty break. Found out she had left and went to see a movie in that time. (we eventually made up)

The great thing about Jesus is that He came for ALL of us... while we were yet sinners. It is through Him that we are saved.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though working for the Lord, and not for men. Colossians 3:23

Where's Perry?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM

I'm officially studying again which means I now have even less time for video games. I used to get maybe 5 hours of gaming in a week and now I'll be lucky to get more than a couple.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM
CAS AAA

Studying for Nothin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
I'm officially studying again which means I now have even less time for video games. I used to get maybe 5 hours of gaming in a week and now I'll be lucky to get more than a couple.
Try adding 3 kids with another on the way to that.

The great thing about Jesus is that He came for ALL of us... while we were yet sinners. It is through Him that we are saved.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though working for the Lord, and not for men. Colossians 3:23

Where's Perry?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Official AO Ninja

Studying for my next eye exam
Favorite beer: Guinness - because it's color of ninjas. And delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmanbowler View Post
Try adding 3 kids with another on the way to that.
Just get 4 wii-motes. Problem solved.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM

I played the endless setlist 1, and that one took about 6 hours. I almost did the ES2, but never found the time to do it. Again, I don't really care to play half of those songs ever again anyways, unless its with a full band. Since I can't find a full band, I'm probably never going to take the time to do this.

When I did ES1, we had 4 guys who would switch off instruments every now and then. That made it a lot more entertaining for everyone.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
CAS AAA

Studying for Nothin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakes View Post
Just get 4 wii-motes. Problem solved.
Heh heh... [/sarcastic laugh]
One of them is only 1 year old. nuff said.
Another is a 5 year old girl, she don't know what she's doing.
The last is a 6 year old control freak who wants you to play the game he wants to play and on his save file.

Not to mention half the songs on Rock Band 2 are not appropriate for them to listen to (if it were just me playing).

And there's a pregnant wife who wants attention.

And a test to study for.

Where's Perry?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
When I did ES1, we had 4 guys who would switch off instruments every now and then. That made it a lot more entertaining for everyone.
I'd do it if I had a couple friends that wanted to get together and give it a shot, but most of my friends would think it was crazy.

My wife has actually asked that I tackle the Bladder of Steel trophy with her, but I declined. I just can't see dedicating the time to it. If I could find 6 hours to dedicate to a game, it wouldn't be doing this. I'd much rather tackle some of the other games on my list of "games to be played."

Besides, I can't imagine an ideal scenario for doing the BoS trophy anyway. For me, I'd be bored 10 songs into Medium. On Hard, I'd be too worried that I'd make a terrible mistake in the later/harder tracks and would be furious if said mistake led to failure.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:30 PM

BOS acheivement is tricky. I've thought about doing it on X drums (safest instrument for me), but like I said earlier, the first 20 songs (maybe 35) would bore the crap out of me. Then there is Visions... Which is usually a 5 star for me, but after 82 songs, I wouldn't be surprised if I failed just to lack of stamina. Plus if my batteries died, I'd be PISSED.

I guess bass would actually be easiest, but dear god, I'd have to drink a beer every 3 songs just to stay into it, in which case 30 songs in, my bladder would no longer be made of steel...

If you're on 360 we could get together and rock a little tonight?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Official AO Ninja

Studying for my next eye exam
Favorite beer: Guinness - because it's color of ninjas. And delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
BUT THAT'S CHEATING!!!

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one