Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > CAS > CAS Exams - General
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Marco_park Marco_park is offline
CAS
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Default What after Exam 5

Hi everyone, After sitting Exam 5, I am wondering what to take next, Exam 6 in April or the Online Courses.
Any suggestions?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:35 AM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_park View Post
Hi everyone, After sitting Exam 5, I am wondering what to take next, Exam 6 in April or the Online Courses.
Any suggestions?

Thank you
OC1 in Dec, OC2 in Jan/Feb, 6 in the Spring.

Do you only have 6 and the OCs left before ACAS?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You should learn to communicate in a serious manner before you expect a serious answer.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:37 AM
Marcie's Avatar
Marcie Marcie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 9,774
Default

"only"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:43 AM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
"only"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You should learn to communicate in a serious manner before you expect a serious answer.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:45 AM
ALivelySedative's Avatar
ALivelySedative ALivelySedative is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Land of the Pine
College: UNC-Chapel Hill Alum
Favorite beer: Red Oak
Posts: 3,434
Default

You can definitely get in at least one of the OCs before the exam sitting. I would consider getting them both in as definitely doable.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:57 AM
actuarialgenes's Avatar
actuarialgenes actuarialgenes is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New England
Studying for 7
Favorite beer: Wine
Posts: 183
Default

I would recommend getting one OC done now before the holidays, then focus on 6 for the spring, take the other OC right after 6. I think doing both OCs now might burn you out for 6 which is a beast in terms of volume of material and amount of study time required. You donít want to study for 6 more than once if you can help it; do it right the first time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:56 PM
angryleslieknope angryleslieknope is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Studying for 6
College: Roll Tide
Posts: 306
Default

I'm doing OC1 and COP before year end and then hopefully if I passed 5 I'll move on to 6 in the spring.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2018, 01:31 AM
Marcie's Avatar
Marcie Marcie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 9,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter View Post
RNN. .
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2018, 10:53 AM
MightySchoop's Avatar
MightySchoop MightySchoop is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Insula Primalis
Posts: 7,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuarialgenes View Post
I would recommend getting one OC done now before the holidays, then focus on 6 for the spring, take the other OC right after 6. I think doing both OCs now might burn you out for 6 which is a beast in terms of volume of material and amount of study time required. You donít want to study for 6 more than once if you can help it; do it right the first time.
Some of the syllabus on OC2 is useful background for 6 (accounting, insurance law, and regulation), so if you're going to use this strategy, I'd do OC2 now, then study for 6, then hit OC1 while waiting for the results from 6.
__________________
Dare to believe you can survive
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2018, 10:55 AM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
RNN. .
TIL Marcie is not a fan of The Misfits
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You should learn to communicate in a serious manner before you expect a serious answer.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.36110 seconds with 9 queries