Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary View Post
did you get the Wii component cables? I did and noticed a big difference.
I've ordered them, but not yet.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:13 PM

http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=471

Monthy sales for console hardware. Mentions price cuts for 360. PS3 outsells 360 for month.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astudent View Post
http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=471

Monthy sales for console hardware. Mentions price cuts for 360. PS3 outsells 360 for month.
I wonder how much of that is due to the PS3 price drop to clear 60GB inventory?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:18 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzookz View Post
I wonder how much of that is due to the PS3 price drop to clear 60GB inventory?
probably a lot wasn't that the point of dropping the price?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:34 PM
SOA

BAH. I accidentally messed up on getting Kokichi on my team in Shining Force! BAH! BAH! BAH!

Sorry.

Btw, what other games (that are already out) should I get? I have Wii Sports, Zelda, Paper Mario, and WarioWare.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:37 PM

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/810/810239p1.html

GTA IV delayed until 2008 for both systems.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Studying for ever

has there been any word of a PC GTA4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla poster View Post
Rickson is right
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian grey View Post
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/810/810239p1.html

GTA IV delayed until 2008 for both systems.
damn
Old 08-06-2007, 09:01 AM
SOA

I'm pretty happy with my PS3 purchase. People can bash it all they want, but Sony did many things right with that machine. There is always something they do that "makes no sense" - but they are minor annoyances than anything else.

Positive: They let you replace the hard-drive, and give you instructions on how to do so. No proprietary drives like MS. People can say "I replaced my drive on my 360 too! It was easy!" Yeah - but tell MS that, and you just said bye-bye to your warranty most likely.
Result: I haven't tried this due to one of the later "annoyances."

Positive: Backup tool works flawlessly. You can back up your downloaded games/saves/videos to any USB drive (and I believe memory stick).
Annoyance: The system won't let you pick and choose what gets backed up. It's "all or nothing;" so if you have 3GB of files and only a 1GB thumb drive, it won't let you back some stuff up.
Result: Backed up...formatted PS3...restored flawlessly. Why did I format...because...

Positive: Install any OS you want on the PS3. I chose Ubuntu. Sony makes it really easy. Format, set OS partition, install.
Annoyance 1: For some reason, you cannot choose partition sizes. You are given three options - "All space to PS3", "10GB to 'Other OS'", "10 GB to PS3." I hope this gets fixed in future firmware as bigger hard drives are rolled out. If I can use Ubuntu (or some other OS) as a Media Center...that would be friggin sweet.
Annoyance 2: For some reason, you can only set a "default OS." I'm not sure if on reboot it will always boot to "default," since I haven't been able to try it yet (see below), but I would prefer if it always booted into PS3 and then I could choose to restart and boot to other OS. Again - it might very well do that - I have yet to try it...because...
Result: Haven't really tried Ubuntu yet...because I couldn't find my USB Keyboard I didn't want to risk it just to see it in action, because the tools said that when in Ubuntu - to go back to PS3 OS - you had to type something on the command line. I didn't want to lose the ability to play my PS3 last night.

Annoyance: For some reason - they don't let you sort your downloaded game/demo list. Last firmware upgrade they added the feature to sort. Great! Uh...no...it was literally a two option sort, not something where I get to choose the order. Kinda annoying I have to scroll down to get to the game I play the most. Hopefully this gets an update soon...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Annoyance: For some reason - they don't let you sort your downloaded game/demo list. Last firmware upgrade they added the feature to sort. Great! Uh...no...it was literally a two option sort, not something where I get to choose the order. Kinda annoying I have to scroll down to get to the game I play the most. Hopefully this gets an update soon...
I agree, that is really annoying.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one