Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our 2017 Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 10-04-2017, 12:05 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Nightfall after they figure it out (which is what I need, as I haven't finished one of those yet).
The nightfall isn't too bad this week. About the biggest thing you have to be prepared for are the Ogres.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:21 PM
SOA

I beat the Arms Dealer challenge last night, and got the exotic shotgun! I've tried it once before, and got absolutely pooped on. Had better gear this time, and a smarter strategy and beat it first try with a new group with a little over 2 minutes left I believe. If anyone wants tips for this, I'll try my best to answer. Manannan SR4 scout rifle and Curtain Call rocket launcher was pretty key for me beating this.

Also did nightfall. Failed first time with a team who were fairly low leveled. Was my first time actually doing this hive strike. Did it a second time with a higher level team and beat it first try. Definitely get any anomaly you find. Sometimes have to look up and around, and behind you to find those pesky things.

Gonna do Raid later today. I've beaten it twice, so it shouldn't take too long with a good group.

Finally figured out mods in this game. I now have almost all 305 armor. I need some 300 weapons (mainly I want scout rifles) so I can mod up to 305 too. I'm around 303, and want to get to 305.

Also, trials is tough. I never really played it in D1. I think I played one game, got absolutely stomped, and never tried again. I'm trying to get into it now that I have better gear. I recently got the "lest ye be judged" achievement for getting to the emissary, so that made me happy.

Sorry for the long post, just excited I beat arms dealer and figuring out the mods, and I want to help others.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:46 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
I beat the Arms Dealer challenge last night, and got the exotic shotgun!
Neat. I have yet to run this, the shotgun looks to be really fun.

My main (hunter) is sitting at 304. I need a cloak to hit 305. About the only chance left I have on him is the raid, so I suspect it isn't going to happen this week.

I'll have to see where my Titan and Warlock sit after this week's luminous engram drops.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:22 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Neat. I have yet to run this, the shotgun looks to be really fun.

My main (hunter) is sitting at 304. I need a cloak to hit 305. About the only chance left I have on him is the raid, so I suspect it isn't going to happen this week.

I'll have to see where my Titan and Warlock sit after this week's luminous engram drops.
You're a higher level than when I did it (I was like 300ish). I highly recommend a rocket with cluster bombs, and take advantage of the element burns in this. I took out the tank in the big room with like 3 shots, and did lots of damage to the final boss. Take your time in each room killing the enemies, and try to get every anomaly to be safe.

It's a pretty a cool shotgun, though I don't fully understand it. I thought I heard it shoots through multiple enemies, but I feel that doesn't work, gonna have to spend more time with it to figure it out. Or maybe I just suck at shotguns. Also, I'm sure you know, but even when you get it, you still have more challenges to unlock more perks in the gun. It's pretty annoying to beat Arms Dealer, and still have more stuff to do. I did the kill the cabal step, now I have to collect like 10 tokens(?) from the raid.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:59 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
I highly recommend a rocket with cluster bombs, and take advantage of the element burns in this.
Yeah, I need one of those still...

Quote:
It's a pretty a cool shotgun, though I don't fully understand it. I thought I heard it shoots through multiple enemies, but I feel that doesn't work, gonna have to spend more time with it to figure it out.
It will over-penetrate, but enemies have to be very close for it to work. Its very situational and most of the time, you won't be getting such kills. Mr. Fruit has a video of him using it (he shot through a Titan in FOH and killed the guy behind him).
Old 10-04-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
About the only requirement that we've have is that you play. The amount you play is not a consideration. Essentially, we've made space by kicking out people who haven't bought Destiny 2, which is a pretty low hurdle.

Just to give you an idea, we've typically cleared the clan XP amount (100K) on the reset day. It's a big clan. About the only thing we don't typically clear is trials (and people play trials).

What's your gamer tag?
Ginormous76 is my PSN name. Are you PS4 or Xbone?
I assume I need to drop my current clan before you can invite me?
Old 10-04-2017, 04:03 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post

Let me see if we have space. I think you can drop it when invited.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:05 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
On the PS4. rf_whisper is my tag.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:14 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Sent you the link to the clan. Let the admin know your gamer tag to approve you.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:58 AM
SOA

Studying for modules
Favorite beer: Shiner

Quote:
Our clan finally cleared it last week (actually my team was the first).
The raid is pretty mechanics heavy and takes a bit of time to figure out the strategy and all. Some of the challenge is having the right gear and power, some of it is the right mindset. We tried to multicycle the dogs and were just getting creamed. So, we had success when we started to single cycle it.

Once you understand the mechanics, then it's just a matter of executing. I have feeling we'll clear it this week without too much trouble.
What I've found works well when learning the fight is doing the dogs in two cycles. The first time, you bring all the dogs health low, but make sure not to kill any. The second you finish them off. It works better when you have people that can't necessarily kill one solo. As long as you don't kill any dogs the first time, the timer doesn't shorten.

2013-2014 EPL Prediction Contest Champion

2016-2017 EPL Prediction Contest Champion

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one