Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Exam PA: Predictive Analytics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-07-2019, 05:50 PM
CAS

When I want to install the frozen version on Mac, I downloaded the checkp5 file, I unzipped it and installed the package as written in the module. My problem is when I follow the instructions to create the project, I get many error messages on my computer. Many pages appear one after the other and tell me that X file can't be open because it's from a unknown source. I had to click cancel on each window and accept the risk in the security parameter window. Then some windows reappeared to ask me again if I wanted to continue with certain of these files, so I clicked Open. Every time I open R again, it repeats all those steps. Does anyone had the same issue and can help me?

Also, R wrote this in the console:

checkpoint: Part of the Reproducible R Toolkit from Microsoft
https://mran.microsoft.com/documents...producibility/
Warning message:
package ‘checkpoint’ was built under R version 3.5.2
Scanning for packages used in this project
- Discovered 24 packages
All detected packages already installed
checkpoint process complete
---
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
unable to load shared object '/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so':
dlopen(/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so, 6): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so: code signature in (/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
unable to load shared object '/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so':
dlopen(/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so, 6): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so: code signature in (/Users/LilSam88/Documents/Université/Examens professionnels/PA/Sample Project/checkp5/.checkpoint/2018-06-01/lib/x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0/3.5.0/yaml/libs/yaml.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy
Old 11-07-2019, 06:54 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjello View Post
Thanks! I just deleted my post after finding this....I'm should have looked a bit harder before asking.

I got nervous after reading something in mod 6 that I misinterpreted.
Yes, the code is there, but that doesn't mean you won't have to write any code from scratch.

I would say that being able to pull information and modify data.frames is crucial to success. Stuff like this has shown up on both the hospital readmission and the June 2019 exam.
6 7 FA APC
Old 11-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Non-Actuary

Hi guys,

We created a comprehensive document/sample project that shows one method for coding each testable topic on the exam and we did not include anything that we feel would not be necessary to know. The structure of our manual was a result of feedback we received from students who sat for the first sitting. The main comments being that the modules have a bunch of coding that wasn’t necessary for the exam, and that students found it tedious to search through all the different modules/sample projects to find a specific topic when studying. We feel that the structure of our study manual solves these problems.

The study manual is in pdf format and can be purchased at:

https://www.actuarialbookstore.com/order_selection.aspx
Old 11-09-2019, 02:34 PM
SOA

College: Bentley University Alumni
Favorite beer: Boom Sauce

How has everyone been approaching time management / workflow of the practice exams?

I have found it easier to answer the questions as I am going through the RMD file. Curious to see if anyone here prefers to knock out all of the code up and then go back and do the write-up afterwards, so that they have a more "big picture" knowledge of the project while writing.

Hopefully not too dumb of a question!
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM
SOA

Studying for LTAM
College: Georgia State University Alumni

Where should I go to sign up for the Prometric location for this exam?
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
SOA

Studying for PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFunnyStuff View Post
Where should I go to sign up for the Prometric location for this exam?
Skip to the end of the last module to sign up. I'd do it ASAP as the deadline is right around now.
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanilla View Post
How has everyone been approaching time management / workflow of the practice exams?

I have found it easier to answer the questions as I am going through the RMD file. Curious to see if anyone here prefers to knock out all of the code up and then go back and do the write-up afterwards, so that they have a more "big picture" knowledge of the project while writing.

Hopefully not too dumb of a question!

Not a dumb question at all!!

I have been doing the same thing. Answering the questions as we go along but I also think it's a good idea to first read through the questions just so we get a gist of the questions when we start the exam.
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
SOA

Is the registration deadline EOD tomorrow?
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
SOA

College: University of Rochester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuariallyDecentAtBest View Post
Is the registration deadline EOD tomorrow?
It appears so.

I'm seeing time slots outside of Dec 12/13th when I go to register for Prometrics (and actually no slots available for 12/13 within a 3 hour drive), anyone else experiencing this or am I just being dumb.

Edit - Nope, not being dumb, nothing within 3 hours of me for testing availability.

Last edited by JRemy511; Yesterday at 04:11 PM..