Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Financial Mathematics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



Financial Mathematics Old FM Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-23-2018, 07:22 PM
Vorian Atreides's Avatar
Vorian Atreides Vorian Atreides is offline
Wiki/Note Contributor
CAS
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: As far as 3 cups of sugar will take you
Studying for ACAS
College: Hard Knocks
Favorite beer: Most German dark lagers
Posts: 62,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullinator View Post
I was just joking I didnít know that jokes are prohibited on the actuarial outpost. Iíll never joke again.
I suppose you also pop that same joke to your CEO every chance you get?

You might note that it is the unprofessional nature of the material and post that will draw moderator attention, not "joking around".

If you cannot make that distinction, you might refrain from making jokes in the professional areas of the AO.
__________________
I find your lack of faith disturbing

Why should I worry about dying? Itís not going to happen in my lifetime!


Freedom of speech is not a license to discourtesy

#BLACKMATTERLIVES
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Sullinator Sullinator is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
College: West Chester Universiy
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian Atreides View Post
I suppose you also pop that same joke to your CEO every chance you get?

You might note that it is the unprofessional nature of the material and post that will draw moderator attention, not "joking around".

If you cannot make that distinction, you might refrain from making jokes in the professional areas of the AO.
Well Iím obviously 🙄 not going to joke with a CEO like that Iím not mentally disabled lol.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:50 AM
VA-Mod├●┤'s Avatar
VA-Mod├●┤ VA-Mod├●┤ is offline
Wiki/Note Contributor
CAS
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullinator View Post
Well Iím obviously 🙄 not going to joke with a CEO like that Iím not mentally disabled lol.
That's good. Consider yourself informally warned about unprofessional post in the professional section of the AO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtarbda06 View Post

Thanks for the info,
The quick site mods on here are very impressive
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-24-2018, 01:05 PM
Abelian Grape's Avatar
Abelian Grape Abelian Grape is offline
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux
Posts: 42,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullinator View Post
I just feel like the FM math is so different than any math I had. Itís like being a firefighter and then switching to a police job, itís kinda similar but different. Same thing when it comes to doing financial math after having done algebra and calculus for so long.
Hmm, I always considered FM to be an algebra exam (solve for x, knowing sequences/series).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pension.Mathematics View Post
what's your problem man?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-24-2018, 01:26 PM
ShundayBloodyShunday's Avatar
ShundayBloodyShunday ShundayBloodyShunday is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,151
Default

I am not sure how "being a firefighter" is "kinda similar" to being a police officer.

Every likes having the firefighter nearby; not so with the police officer.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Sullinator Sullinator is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
College: West Chester Universiy
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShundayBloodyShunday View Post
I am not sure how "being a firefighter" is "kinda similar" to being a police officer.

Every likes having the firefighter nearby; not so with the police officer.
I don’t understand your sentence.

Last edited by Sullinator; 10-24-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-24-2018, 04:36 PM
ShundayBloodyShunday's Avatar
ShundayBloodyShunday ShundayBloodyShunday is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullinator View Post
I donít understand your sentence.
That's okay. I heard that Strunk & White are putting together a study manual to help with that.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Sullinator Sullinator is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
College: West Chester Universiy
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShundayBloodyShunday View Post
That's okay. I heard that Strunk & White are putting together a study manual to help with that.
ďEvery likes having the firefighter nearby; not so with the police officer.Ē

Iím talking about the sentence above but Iím sure ďstrunk and whiteĒ has a meaning of what that sentence means.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-24-2018, 10:29 PM
ShundayBloodyShunday's Avatar
ShundayBloodyShunday ShundayBloodyShunday is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullinator View Post
ďEvery likes having the firefighter nearby; not so with the police officer.Ē

Iím talking about the sentence above but Iím sure ďstrunk and whiteĒ has a meaning of what that sentence means.
Well, I heard that the Strunk & White study manual will include episodes of the following show free as part of purchasing it.

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-24-2018, 10:31 PM
Sullinator Sullinator is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
College: West Chester Universiy
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShundayBloodyShunday View Post
Well, I heard that the Strunk & White study manual will include episodes of the following show free as part of purchasing it.

Thank you sounds good.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.20316 seconds with 9 queries