Actuarial Outpost
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Quantitative Finance and Investment (QFI) track > QFI Advanced
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-13-2018, 02:15 AM
Default Fall 2017 Results

Congratulations to all those who just passed the QFIA exam. You might take a moment to share your experiences in a way to help other folks prepare for this tough (and getting tougher by the session) exam.

Those who used the PAK, I am happy to continue to contribute to such a tremendous amount of 'passing'.

If you have not passed this exam (Fall 2017), please do not let it get you down. The best among us obtained their greatness from past failure...'Actuarial quote...'.

Here are my recommendations for Spring 2018:
  • Start studying next week (Catch up with the PAK schedule),
  • Read the PAK SM,
  • Attempt all of the PAK MOCK problems (10+90+): The importance of these MOCK cannot be overstated.
  • Read the PAK Flash cards to memorize things (especially from the investment section) and the condensed summary.
  • Shoot me emails if you have questions. Lot of students were able to gain better insights just be asking questions through emails. Be inter-active. My answers are always helpful and help you understand the materials even better.
  • Take advantage of the newly produced PAK videos. This is a better tool to accompany the efforts working the with the other tools.
Once again, all the best for Spring 2018!
PAK Study Manual Instructor
Quantitative Finance & Investment Track

Visit our website at: