Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when new jobs meet your skills and objectives.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:02 PM
alan711031 alan711031 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 49
Default Where I should find new opening position

Hi guys,

Where I can find opening actuarial positions without job recruiter help?

I recently hired DW as my recruiter but they showed very limited positions. Beside that I want to work for small or potential firms. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Captain Oveur Captain Oveur is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan711031 View Post
Hi guys,

Where I can find opening actuarial positions without job recruiter help?

I recently hired DW as my recruiter but they showed very limited positions. Beside that I want to work for small or potential firms. Any suggestions?
If only our profession had a directory that listed the vast majority of its practitioners...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Captain Oveur Captain Oveur is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,704
Default

And not to sound overly facetious with my previous answer, but...

You're practically an FSA. This has to be one of the most basic questions I've ever seen someone at that level ask. It's no different than looking for any other corporate job, really, except we have more resources at our disposal than the average corporate job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:38 PM
dukelampard's Avatar
dukelampard dukelampard is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Studying for FCAS
Posts: 12,057
Default

I'm hoping the OP was a joke...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Statatak's Avatar
Statatak Statatak is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pacific Ocean
Studying for GI Intro to Ratemaking
Favorite beer: Game Day
Posts: 10,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Oveur View Post
And not to sound overly facetious with my previous answer, but...

You're practically an FSA. This has to be one of the most basic questions I've ever seen someone at that level ask. It's no different than looking for any other corporate job, really, except we have more resources at our disposal than the average corporate job.
This is more or less what I was talking about in the last thread he posted.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Captain Oveur Captain Oveur is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statatak View Post
This is more or less what I was talking about in the last thread he posted.
But he isn't about to sit for his first FSA exam. For most companies' purposes, he's an FSA.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Statatak's Avatar
Statatak Statatak is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pacific Ocean
Studying for GI Intro to Ratemaking
Favorite beer: Game Day
Posts: 10,915
Default

Ok, reading the OP's former posts...he just recently passed the FA for associateship but in the mean-time has been taking fellowship exams. I have no clue why you would have done this but I digress.

OP, do you have ANY job experience since you had 3 exams in 2008?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Statatak's Avatar
Statatak Statatak is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pacific Ocean
Studying for GI Intro to Ratemaking
Favorite beer: Game Day
Posts: 10,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Oveur View Post
But he isn't about to sit for his first FSA exam. For most companies' purposes, he's an FSA.
OP just passed the FA today. So he has completed his FSA exams but is not an associate yet (technically).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Captain Oveur Captain Oveur is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statatak View Post
OP just passed the FA today. So he has completed his FSA exams but is not an associate yet (technically).
Waoh that's far out
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Captain Oveur Captain Oveur is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statatak View Post
OP just passed the FA today. So he has completed his FSA exams but is not an associate yet (technically).
Kudos to you for doing the legwork so that no one else had to.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.58699 seconds with 11 queries