Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > EA Exams
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 03-13-2018, 11:04 AM
SOA

Default EA Application

I submitted my EA application about 5 weeks ago. My supervisor received some questions about two weeks ago and responded. What are the next steps from the EA board's perspective to approve an application? Any idea how long the whole process typically takes?
Old 03-13-2018, 03:58 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for SI module

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark529 View Post
I submitted my EA application about 5 weeks ago. My supervisor received some questions about two weeks ago and responded. What are the next steps from the EA board's perspective to approve an application? Any idea how long the whole process typically takes?
The Joint Board generally meets once a month to review applications. If the process is the same as it was when I got my EA in 2014, you should've received an Acknowledgement Letter shortly after your application was received and payment processed. I believe the letter notes that the average response time is 4 months once they receive everything they need.

If they feel they need additional details, they'll email you. Check out this thread for more discussion on that.

If they approve your application, you may get a phone call or an email letting you know, but I don't think they're consistent with their notifications - you may just be pleasantly surprised when you get your enrollment letter in the mail.

People generally post application updates in this thread, but it's been pretty quiet lately.

Good luck!