Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Professional Surveys
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



View Poll Results: What is your 2016 Raise %?
X < 0% 13 5.78%
0% ≤ X < 2% 24 10.67%
2% ≤ X < 4% 91 40.44%
4% ≤ X < 6% 22 9.78%
6% ≤ X < 8% 11 4.89%
8% ≤ X < 10% 11 4.89%
10% ≤ X < 15% 23 10.22%
15% ≤ X < 20% 5 2.22%
X ≥ 20% 18 8.00%
42 7 3.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-09-2016, 05:19 PM
nin01001 nin01001 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 198
Default

I'm way too lazy to look back, compare bonuses and remove exam raises etc.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin01001 View Post
I'm way too lazy to look back, compare bonuses and remove exam raises etc.
But not too lazy to post and tell us?

Thanks?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-09-2016, 09:58 PM
nin01001 nin01001 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 198
Default

More just a general complaint that a less complicated poll might get a better response.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin01001 View Post
More just a general complaint that a less complicated poll might get a better response.
If an actuary can't even keep track of their own salary I would be afraid of them working for an insurance company...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Non-Commutative Peach's Avatar
Non-Commutative Peach Non-Commutative Peach is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismal Science View Post
If an actuary can't even keep track of their own salary I would be afraid of them working for an insurance company...
smh soa amirite
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Colonel Smoothie's Avatar
Colonel Smoothie Colonel Smoothie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale
Posts: 48,021
Default

y u no accept friend request
__________________
Recommended Readings for the EL Actuary || Recommended Readings for the EB Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Harbinger Harbinger is offline
Notes Contributor
CAS
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,377
Default

So I got promoted, was I supposed to abstain from the poll? Or try to determine what portion of my raise was for COL, and what was due to the promotion?
__________________
har·bin·ger (här'bin-jer): One that indicates or foreshadows what is to come; a forerunner.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
So I got promoted, was I supposed to abstain from the poll? Or try to determine what portion of my raise was for COL, and what was due to the promotion?
This poll includes promotions and job changes - it only excludes exam raises

You created it...shouldn't you know how it works?

Polls in the past that I created were purely merit/COL adjustment (excluding exam raises, promotions, job changes). Even in that case, doesn't your supervisor normally tell you what the average increase was for the department? You could use that number if you happened to get a promotion or have a job change.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Harbinger Harbinger is offline
Notes Contributor
CAS
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismal Science View Post
This poll includes promotions and job changes - it only excludes exam raises

You created it...shouldn't you know how it works?

Polls in the past that I created were purely merit/COL adjustment (excluding exam raises, promotions, job changes). Even in that case, doesn't your supervisor normally tell you what the average increase was for the department? You could use that number if you happened to get a promotion or have a job change.
Yes, I know how it works, my comment was more about people's issues with the poll. Also, average increase in my company is 2% according to my boss.
__________________
har·bin·ger (här'bin-jer): One that indicates or foreshadows what is to come; a forerunner.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-12-2016, 06:27 AM
silverfox's Avatar
silverfox silverfox is offline
Member
CAS SOA COPA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Favorite beer: Westmalle Tripel
Posts: 14,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismal Science View Post
If an actuary can't even keep track of their own salary I would be afraid of them working for an insurance company...
I actually don't keep track of it precisely. I usually know within +/-5k.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.25151 seconds with 10 queries