Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > CAS > CAS Online Courses > Course 1 - Risk Management & Insurance Operation
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 07-31-2019, 04:32 AM
CAS SOA

Default CAS Online Course 1

I have browsed through the forum on this topic but not sure if the info is outdated so I wanted to ask again...

https://www.theinstitutes.org/CAS.htm

Just want to know for the three packages for the online course, is the one with $727 enough?
Or the one $995 is a better option? The difference is the additional printed textbook and course guide..
Because I saw people saying the online course material and the textbook content are the same (just in printed version)... not sure if it still applicable now? because if for the package $995 with the textbook plus the shipping fee is around $1266..super expensive! So if they are the same, then can I assume taking the $727 package will be enough? Or textbook is actually different and have more content and information needed than the material on $727 package?
Really need someone help with updated information...

And to register, after I buy the package, I need to call the Institutes again to really register myself for the exam?

Thanks!

Last edited by sharon1694; 07-31-2019 at 04:37 AM..
Old 10-27-2019, 01:25 AM
CAS

Studying for MAS II
College: Done with school a few months ago. -UNL
Favorite beer: Stout

Does anyone know the answer to this?? I'm planning to study and take the exam for Online Course 1 tooooo. Just done with MAS 1
Old 10-27-2019, 09:37 AM
CAS

Studying for Hawaii

I never opened the textbook. Is your employer paying? If so, get whatever method you're more comfortable studying (i.e. get the book if you prefer reading over clicking through modules).
Old 11-05-2019, 10:10 AM
CAS

Studying for Cinco
College: Bachelors

727 is enough but if you're not paying for it, the additional flash cards and course guide printed out is nice.