Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Not looking for a job? Tell us about your ideal job,
and we'll only contact you when it opens up.
https://www.dwsimpson.com/register

Old 04-10-2019, 12:23 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Row View Post
New year released. Anyone playing? Was able to take a simple/cheesy priest divine spirit/inner fire deck to rank 10 last night. Doubt it will work in the future as it was really just taking advantage of folks building shitty decks during the first day.
I haven't played for several expansions, so I probably don't have anything for standard. Have I missed much? Could maybe try some wild or arena again or fun games if people want to play together
Old 04-10-2019, 03:59 PM
SOA

Studying for GH Spec

sometimes I play wild during lunch. cba to get into standard and i'd only have to get a few new cards for my wild decks for each expansion instead of shelling out 100 bucks
Old 11-14-2019, 06:32 PM
SOA

Anyone playing Battlegrounds?

I've been enjoying it tremendously. I've actually not played HS in a while in favor of AutoChess, and Battlegrounds is a perfect mix of the two imo.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:42 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agadefe View Post
Anyone playing Battlegrounds?

I've been enjoying it tremendously. I've actually not played HS in a while in favor of AutoChess, and Battlegrounds is a perfect mix of the two imo.
I reinstalled just for it.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:49 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redearedslider View Post
I reinstalled just for it.
I'm really having a blast - the 'Lightfang Enforcer strat' is consistently giving me top finishes currently.

Basically the goal of this strat is to get Enforcer as quickly as possible, get 1 minion of each type (doesn't even matter much which), and snowball the game from getting +8/+8 every turn.

The best way (imo) to Enforcer early is to have the following early game:
1) Always pick pairs
2) Always pick minions that make more minions (to sell for gold to buy pairs or tier up)
3) Pick Amalgam
4) Tier up quickly to T4

Depending on your hero, you can play this general early game differently (level up quicker with Bartender, pick specific minions with the buff heroes, etc).

My board as of round 6 (when you have 8 gold) typically has least 2 pairs and I tier up to 4. On rounds 7 (and 8 if necessary), roll until you hit the pairs then Discover a T5 minion which is hopefully Enforcer.

With 2-3 discovers in those rounds, your chances of hitting Enforcer are pretty high. If you don't hit it, there are other good T5 minions you can adjust your gameplan around (or maybe you hit a bunch of Junkbots during the rolling and choose to pivot).

If you do get Enforcer, you're pretty much set. In the next rounds, pick up 'better' versions of whatever mech/demon/murlock/beast you want (try to get Hydra as your beast).

My personal preference is Hydra, the Taunt Demon, Psychotron as the Mech, and then use Amalgam as the Murloc, but honestly if it doesn't come together, several turns of Enforcer buffs make any of the minions good.

Once you have those core 5, I like to try to get Brann and then just keep buying various buff minions in the 7th slot. Poisonous for the Murloc is useful, +2/+2 to beasts on the Hydra is nice.

I have yet to finish below 3rd when I get that early Enforcer.

There is a fail rate - so be prepared to pivot into another strategy if you don't get the Enforcer (always good to hedge by picking up a Junkbot or other key T4 unit if you see it while rolling to complete your pairs).
Old 11-21-2019, 04:53 PM

anyone playing this new battleground mode? I'm obsessed - it's really fun.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:53 PM

Um, ninja'd... oops