Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Corporate Finance and ERM (CFE) Track > ERM Exam
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.

ERM Exam Old Advanced Finance and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 03:33 AM
Eddy Chan, FSA, CERA, MAAA
SOA AAA

Favorite beer: Saki
Default PAK Study Manual Package / PAK Online Seminar for ERM Spring 2020 (All Extensions)

Hi All,

It is our honor to announce that the PAK Study Manual Basic/Premium Package + PAK Online Seminar are available for ERM Spring 2020. All our PAK ERM products include both ERM Core and ERM Extension materials. You can choose any one extension among the six extensions (General Corporate ERM, General Insurance, Group Health, Individual Life & Annuities, Investment, and Retirement).

Please note that the printed copies of the PAK Study Manual and the PAK Flash Cards are also available. PAK Forum is also available for students to ask questions, interact with each others, and discuss useful topics.

Products Available

#1. PAK Study Manual
1. PAK Study Manual
2. Relevant Past SOA Exam Questions (List)
3. 400+ Practice Questions
4. 10 Mock Exam Questions
5. Suggested Study Schedule and Syllabus Page Count
6. Online Tutorial Videos
7. Email Support

#2. PAK Flash Cards
1. PAK Electronic Flash Cards
2. PAK Audio Flash Cards + Anki
3. PAK Electronic Condensed Summary

#3. PAK Exam Aid
1. 110 Mock Exam Questions and Solutions
2. 900+ Practice Question Set
3. Case Study Analysis
4. Case Study Practice Question Set
5. Past SOA Exam Questions (from All FSA Tracks) Relevant to This Exam

#4. PAK Test Aid
1. Mock Question Set

#5. PAK Online Seminar
1. Over 70 video lectures to clarify and explain the key concepts/calculations in each syllabus reading (Core + Extension) and past exam questions
2. Analyze the new case study (e.g. how to answer the case-study-related questions)
3. Discuss the past exam questions (e.g. exam techniques, how to score)
4. Contain condensed outlines for each reading on the syllabus
5. Include practice questions to test your knowledge
6. Review the lectures and study at your own pace
7. On-demand video library compatible with smartphones (iPhone, Android, etc), tablets (iPad, Android), and PC/Mac devices.
8. Email support
9. Free access for 2nd attempt (only for those who scored 2-5)

#6. PAK Study Manual Basic Package
1. PAK Electronic Study Manual
2. PAK Electronic Flash Cards
3. PAK Electronic Exam Aid

#7. PAK Study Manual Premium Package
1. PAK Electronic Study Manual
2. PAK Electronic Flash Cards
3. PAK Electronic Exam Aid
4. PAK Electronic Test Aid
5. PAK Online Seminar

For more product information, please visit http://www.pakstudymanual.com/.

Suggested Study Schedule
We create two PAK Suggested Study Schedules for two different students' groups:

If you would like to start studying before the release date of the exam result (in Jan.), you can use the "20191216" version.

If you would like to start studying after the release date of the exam result (in Jan.), you can use the "20200113" version.

General Background for the ERM Exam
The ERM Exam is very different from the other FSA exams in terms of the exam structure. Many students, especially those who take the ERM exam as their first FSA exam, do not understand what they should study when they read the ERM syllabus the first time. Please read the attached file ("How to Prepare for the ERM Exam.pdf") for more details.

Should you have any questions or would like to have more samples, please feel free to contact us at paulpeterson@pakstudymanual.com and/or eddy.chan@pakstudymanual.com (Please check your junk mailbox. Sometimes, our email is blocked.) Thanks!

Available at Actuarial Bookstore, Actex, and FIA.

www.pakstudymanual.com
PAK Study Manual Packages/Seminars for CFE/SDM/ERM Spring 2020

ERM: Manual (Sample) / Online Seminar (Sample) (Offer all 6 extensions)
SDM: Manual (Sample) / Online Seminar (Sample)
CFE: Manual (Sample) / Online Seminar (Sample)

Last edited by PAK; 01-10-2020 at 09:30 AM..
Old 01-10-2020, 09:31 AM
SOA AAA

Please feel free to read students' comments about us and compare our products to others.

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=230
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat? View Post
To all, I wish you the best of luck. As much as I like you, Paul & PAK, and certainly appreciate your services and helpfulness, I hope we never have to meet again on these terms. Exams may be starting on the other side of the world soon, so see you all on the other side!

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorky2428 View Post
... The afternoon session had that reserve margin calculation that PAK had a bunch of Mocks for, but I never took the time to learn the formulas so missed those 4 points (except for the shocked mortality bit)

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontGiveMeFive View Post
Thanks PAK in the design of mock exam. They did not provide any formula for that Down But Not Out ("DBNO") question. Once I saw this question, I felt disappointed because I practiced the calculations in the mock exam many times. I used the last 20 minutes to finish this part by an "approximate" formula from my memory.

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=191
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalblogarithm View Post
Passed! No more exams! Thank you PAK! I'd give you the MVP for this exam, but my wife gets it for watching the kids to allow study time (it's an honor just to be nominated, though).

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary_Bro View Post
Had to have someone else check with all the volume but passd!!!

Eddy & Paul , thank you! PAK is great at covering the material and helping for first time FSA exam takers.

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=204
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennoji View Post
Passed on 2nd attempt. Used PAK. Thanks Eddy!!!!!!! Studied really hard on this one (probably harder on any of the prelims). Does anyone know how long it takes to have the exam results processed and be recognized as finally having the CERA credential?

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorky2428 View Post
Passed! PAK is definitely worth it for this exam

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...&postcount=181
Quote:
Originally Posted by langstafftigerpizza View Post
passed. at least some good news. My investment has been nose-diving since I took the exam.

PS- I used PAK study manual. Will recommend to my students.

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...55&postcount=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommelier View Post
Just wanted to put in a plug for PAK. Beyond having good study materials, they are a good company who really takes care of their customers. I just had the most positive interaction with Eddy and Melissa, and they really went above and beyond to help me out with a problem.
http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...78&postcount=6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaEgypt View Post
I sent the following email to Eddy and Paul on the day of the exam. Now the results are out and I passed. I thought of sharing my experience with everybody for those who are looking for recommendations:

"Dear Eddy and Paul,

I just finished my ERM exam and thought of sending you a token of sincere appreciation.

Irrespective of results, I would like to wholeheartedly thank you for a work well done! As an Egyptian student with very little (almost no one) who has taken the exam before in the country, I was very anxious about learning the material on my own. The material you prepared was just spot on. It's comprehensiveness is astounding. Starting from the study notes, condensed study notes and even more condensed formula sheet to the exam schedule, past exams by topic and even stats about word frequencies in past exams and finally not just flash cards, but also audio flash cards and an online seminar.

So many support material just to make sure you cover every angle and address everybody's different style of learning.

Again, sincere appreciation and thank you from a grateful student.

Will keep you updated with the result."

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...10&postcount=8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeact91 View Post
I thought I would give a quick review for the PAK materials, for anyone looking for recommendations. CFE in fall 16 was my first FSA exam, and I just found out I passed. I'm not much of a writer :P but here it goes. Eddy/Paul, let me know if this should be somewhere else.

I chose PAK at the recommendation of my coworkers, and was very, very happy with the experience. Would definitely use them again, and in fact, just signed up with them for SDM.

Study Guides: I thought the study guides were very good. More often than not, they were better than the source readings, or at least laid out in a more reasonable manner. Towards to end of my study time, I relied almost exclusively on the guides.

Online Seminar: These I thought were EXTREMELY helpful, especially on the more difficult readings where I needed someone to point me in the right direction. I probably watched them all 3 times, and listened to the mp3s a couple more. They got a bit dry at times, but that's probably to be expected given the material. Overall, though, they were pretty fun and very helpful. I'm going to start my SDM study by watching them.

Problems/Mock Exams: I did a lot of problems, but not even close to all of them. Some of them were good, some were just recitations of textbook questions, which was fine. They definitely helped me get ready though. I wish I had more time to do more.

Flashcards: Maybe it's the nature of CFE, but I didn't get a lot of use out of these. There just aren't that many lists or definitions to learn, I guess. Maybe my brain works differently though?

Customer Supporter: This is where they really shined, and I would give them a 10/10 just based on this. I counted and realized I'd emailed Paul or Eddy 23 times, and got a response within a day almost all the time. Sometimes just a couple of hours, which was nice. Paul's responses in particular were outrageously detailed and specific to my question. I don't think I ever got an answer from him that was less than 3 paragraphs. It was pretty great, and really helped to solidify the info. Paul has a great knack for explaining things that made no sense at first in language that was very easy to digest.

Overall, they made the process very easy and I felt very prepared. I highly recommend them. PM me if you want any more detailed info.

www.pakstudymanual.com

Old 01-10-2020, 09:31 AM
SOA AAA

We are excited to offer the PAK Study Manual Premium/Basic Package and the PAK Online Seminar for the ERM exam. We have been helping many students to pass this exam and we will continue to do so.

We introduce many new materials this time and we highly suggest getting our PAK Study Manual Premium Package.

Our PAK Study Manual Premium Package includes 1) PAK Study Manual, 2) PAK Exam Aid, 3) PAK Test Aid, 4) PAK Flash Cards, and 5) PAK Online Seminar.

Our PAK Study Manual summarizes all the readings in the ERM syllabus. Not only does it clarify confusing concepts and difficult calculation questions, but it also provides useful explanations for students to better understand the materials. We also offer 400+ practice questions and 10 mock questions in the manual so that you can practice your knowledge and understand the materials. A printed copy of the manual is also available!

Our PAK Exam Aid provides tons of questions for students to practice their knowledge. It includes 900+ practice questions (organized by objectives), 110 mock questions (11 SOA-exam style exam question sets) with detailed solutions, and relevant past exam questions. Since many students are not familiar with the case study, we include our case study analysis to help students to better grasp the ideas in the case study and brainstorm what can be tested. We also include case-study-related mock questions so that students can see how the materials in the readings can be applied into the case study. If you used the PAK Exam Aid before, you know how useful our mock questions and practice questions are.

Our PAK Flash Cards highlights essay topics and pros/cons that the exam questions test frequently. Over 350 cards are available. We also include the PAK Condensed Summary, the PAK Audio Flashcards, and the PAK Anki Flashcards for free! A printed copy of the flashcards is also available!

The PAK Online Seminar provides over 70 videos. The purpose of this seminar is to solidify and enhance your knowledge of the readings, and most importantly, give you the best chance to pass the exam. We will review all of the key concepts, do examples, and discuss how the readings could show up on the exam. To help get you thinking about what the exam might look like, many videos end in a practice problem and solution. In addition to this, we will be publishing a set of practice questions, covering the entire syllabus, to get you thinking about the material.

If you get the PAK Study Manual Premium Package, you will get tons of practice (over 1300 practice questions, 130 mock questions, and past exam questions), useful flashcards for memorization, and the-best-of-the-class PAK Online Seminar! You can also send Paul or Eddy if you have any questions on the syllabus and exam. Don't miss the package!

www.pakstudymanual.com