Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Exam 3/MLC - Actuarial Models
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 08-12-2018, 10:07 AM

Default Guo's weekly LTAM webinars starting Monday

If you purchased my fall 2018 LTAM manual (full or partial), read on.

To help those who are using my LTAM study guide to prepare for the October 26, 2018 LTAM exam, I will be offering free weekly webinars starting next week.

Here are some details:
(1) Who can attend: users of my LTAM study guide
(2) Cost: free.
(3) Format: for now I plan on using Google Hangouts group video conference. Because Google hangouts has a 20+ person limit before it charges a fee, each participant will be assigned to a small group.
(4) Time: each weekly webinar will last 1-1.5 hours in the evening.

Caveat. The free weekly webinar is subject to my corporate day job workload constraint at Milliman. If I'm too busy, a weekly seminar will be cancelled. In addition, I'm new to Google Hangouts and there will be some initial learning curve for me.

I already sent out an email to most users of my LTAM manual about webinar details. However, if you purchased my manual in the last few weeks, you might not have been included in that email, in which case please email me ASAP so I can assign you to a small group.

If you are using my LTAM book and plan on attending my webinars, please do the following:
(1) Create a gmail if you don't have one.
(2) Email me your gmail account. If I don't know your gmail, I can't invite you to the webinar.
(3) Test Google Hangouts with your friends and families so your laptop is ready.

If you failed MLC n-th time, I encourage you to consider my LTAM manaul plus weekly webinar approach to preparing for the October exam.

Look forward to meeting some of you in Google hangouts next week.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all of you whether you are using my LTAM book or not.