Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Roto's Avatar
Roto Roto is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: May 2002
Studying for CSP - ILA
Favorite beer: Summit IPA
Posts: 7,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheTiger View Post
Take a look at the requirements document. There are two lists there. There is an item that appears on one of the lists, but not the other one. That same bullet point was not specifically addressed in the assignment. It was something that they wanted you to take from what we were required to do in each of the previous 3 exercises. It was something they emphasized heavily. I think that is the key point they are assessing for Module 4. My guess is that's a strong candidate for why you were failed for the exercise.
No offense, but this post sucks.

I'm interested in what Mike is referring to, but he doesn't come out and say it. I'm not interested enough to actually go back and dig thru the assignment document, which are often quite long, find these lists... compare them... and figure out what the hell Mike is referring to... why the secrecy, man?!?!? We're allowed to discuss exercises both here and on SOA FAP board.
__________________
http://www.hillaryclinton.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-03-2007, 03:38 PM
MikeTheTiger MikeTheTiger is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
No offense, but this post sucks.

I'm interested in what Mike is referring to, but he doesn't come out and say it. I'm not interested enough to actually go back and dig thru the assignment document, which are often quite long, find these lists... compare them... and figure out what the hell Mike is referring to... why the secrecy, man?!?!? We're allowed to discuss exercises both here and on SOA FAP board.
We're not allowed to discuss the "Meets Minimum Standards" requirements that you download after you have turned in your assignment. That is the document I am referencing here. In any case, that doesn't appear to be the issue for Disco as he correctly surmised what I was referencing.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-04-2007, 06:29 PM
ms1 ms1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian View Post
MikeTheTiger "Take a look at the requirements document."

I may be a little dense here, but where exactly is this "requirements" document?

BTW, I have submitted 4 but not 5.

It seems that the people who fail, it takes longer to get the failure notice, than the pass post for the people who pass. Just an observation.
I wonder if this could be because the quick passes are getting a cursory (or administrative) review and the fails (as well as some slower passes) are getting a more thorough review.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Marian Marian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 381
Default

I bet you are correct.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
ktmac ktmac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Favorite beer: Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1 View Post
I wonder if this could be because the quick passes are getting a cursory (or administrative) review and the fails (as well as some slower passes) are getting a more thorough review.
I dunno - My guess is that the time it takes to grade isn't an indication of whether or not the module passes/fails. (You're just freaking out the folks that are waiting paitently knowing their module is "under grader review"!) The papers are probably all just sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be looked at. Mine took 2.5 weeks to review and I fiiiinally got the pass this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Myria Myria is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmac View Post
I dunno - My guess is that the time it takes to grade isn't an indication of whether or not the module passes/fails. (You're just freaking out the folks that are waiting paitently knowing their module is "under grader review"!) The papers are probably all just sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be looked at. Mine took 2.5 weeks to review and I fiiiinally got the pass this morning.
Or it could be like the exam process. The papers that are on the fense might get a second or third review from independent graders. My report for module 4 was selected and marked within 24 hours....so I can't complain at all. Guess they liked my writing and abundant sensitivity testing.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
DiscoCzyk's Avatar
DiscoCzyk DiscoCzyk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 172
Default

FYI for anyone who is wondering...They are allowing me to finish the redo AFTER the exam. Hooray!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Myria Myria is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCzyk View Post
FYI for anyone who is wondering...They are allowing me to finish the redo AFTER the exam. Hooray!
Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 PM
DoctorNo's Avatar
DoctorNo DoctorNo is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver, CO
College: Western Washington, Colorado-Boulder
Posts: 13,528
Default

__________________
The opinions of Doctor No do not necessarily represent the opinions of mathematicians or consulting actuaries. Facts cited by Doctor No are not necessarily facts. Find me on Twitter: @NorrisDoug. If you send me a LinkedIn invitation, please let me know who you are (unless it's obvious how I know you).
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 AM
ontheroad's Avatar
ontheroad ontheroad is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Studying for AFE
College: UF/GSU Alumni
Favorite beer: St Bernardus
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCzyk View Post
FYI for anyone who is wondering...They are allowing me to finish the redo AFTER the exam. Hooray!
Glad to hear it! Good luck with the exam...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eom4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.27217 seconds with 9 queries