Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 6-8
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
workinggirl workinggirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 34
Default

To make you two feel better, let me say that I submitted on 01/27 and am still waiting. In addition, I feel I am going to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
We're like 2 nerds of a feather. During the IA somebody got pissed at me for stressin about it so much. With me around, you can stress all you want,
31n5et1n. I can appreciate the crap you're having to put up with by waiting. I waited about 7 weeks for the IA.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Sparktz's Avatar
Sparktz Sparktz is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Studying for nothing.
Posts: 599
Default

Still waiting from 1/13.. Been over 6 weeks now.

Have you heard anything yet Borcik?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 AM
borcik11's Avatar
borcik11 borcik11 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Baltimore
College: Gettysburg College
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktz View Post
Still waiting from 1/13.. Been over 6 weeks now.

Have you heard anything yet Borcik?
Submitted 1/13
Passed 2/25 at 11:58PM!

What a relief! I feel like they took so long in order to spite me for writing a 50 page paper.

Good Luck to Sparktz! I'll be checking for your good news!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
DAG FIN's Avatar
DAG FIN DAG FIN is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago
Studying for Nothing!!
Favorite beer: Anything with Drinkability!
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by borcik11 View Post
Submitted 1/13
Passed 2/25 at 11:58PM!

What a relief! I feel like they took so long in order to spite me for writing a 50 page paper.

Good Luck to Sparktz! I'll be checking for your good news!
So YOU were the reason for the big slowdown in turnaround times! Everyone thought it was the holidays...

Of course I'm just kidding, but wow, 50 pages! I think that's a new record. You must be one outstanding writer to captivate their attention for 50 pages. Nice work! Kids, don't try this at home...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
borcik11's Avatar
borcik11 borcik11 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Baltimore
College: Gettysburg College
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG FIN View Post
So YOU were the reason for the big slowdown in turnaround times! Everyone thought it was the holidays...

Of course I'm just kidding, but wow, 50 pages! I think that's a new record. You must be one outstanding writer to captivate their attention for 50 pages. Nice work! Kids, don't try this at home...
I think I drank too much coffee when doing the FA! I tend to stay away from caffeine, so it has a significant effect when I abuse it!

I will say that I agree with your previous postings of being short and to the point. My method was to do this in the Executive Summary at the beginning of each write up. I went into more detail in the body of each write up, and directly answered the questions they asked without going too far off track. About 5 pages accounted for Appendices.

I'm relieved that it's over, now I just need to finish up some VEE credits, which seem like a huge waste of time since a lot of the material is covered in the SOA exams!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Hugh Jass's Avatar
Hugh Jass Hugh Jass is offline
frequent poster
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Omega Centaurus
Studying for exam 97
College: Phoenix On-Line
Favorite beer: TC-17x97
Posts: 27,241
Blog Entries: 6
Default

It sure would be sweet if I got my "meets minimum requirements" before the end of day tomorrow so I can show up on the Feb. list
I'll help the graders out- my paper is the really awesome looking one- please grade that one next. kthx.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
chloeobrian chloeobrian is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Studying for FSA Modules
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
It sure would be sweet if I got my "meets minimum requirements" before the end of day tomorrow so I can show up on the Feb. list
I'll help the graders out- my paper is the really awesome looking one- please grade that one next. kthx.
Haha if you got results right now I'm not sure that you would make the Feb list... but good luck!!!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Hugh Jass's Avatar
Hugh Jass Hugh Jass is offline
frequent poster
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Omega Centaurus
Studying for exam 97
College: Phoenix On-Line
Favorite beer: TC-17x97
Posts: 27,241
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Submitted 2-13
No news 2-27


but my EOM7 has been approved!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Boargius Boargius is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
Submitted 2-13
No news 2-27


but my EOM7 has been approved!
How do you know that your EOM7 has been approved? I'm not sure that I've seen anything like that. Does it show up on your transcript, the FAP website, or some place like that?

Thanks,


nick
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM
LouWorm's Avatar
LouWorm LouWorm is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greater Seattle
Studying for FE Module
College: University of Kentucky '94
Favorite beer: IBC Root
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boargius View Post
How do you know that your EOM7 has been approved? I'm not sure that I've seen anything like that. Does it show up on your transcript, the FAP website, or some place like that?

Thanks,


nick
It shows up at the bottom of your EOM submission page. In red.
__________________
Worm

I always equivocate. Always.

Eschew obfuscation!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
elearn useless, fa results, i am in - add exams, posthumous asa, the fa gives me gas, ur fees paid 4 my caviar, you gon elearn today boy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.73049 seconds with 10 queries