Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Short-Term Actuarial Math
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



Short-Term Actuarial Math Old Exam C Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 10-04-2018, 02:42 PM
KD24 KD24 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Studying for Exam C
College: Alumni
Posts: 32
Default

Anyone who took the exam feel like sharing their experience of it? Good luck to everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:50 PM
timmbo1987 timmbo1987 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Studying for Global Conquest
College: Ball State University, Alumni, M.A.
Favorite beer: Coffee and more Coffee
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD24 View Post
Anyone who took the exam feel like sharing their experience of it? Good luck to everyone.
Yes to this

I am sitting for STAM in February, and I would like to hear feedback regarding the first sitting of this "new" exam.
__________________
P/1, FM/2, MFE/3F, MLC/3L, VEE, FAP, STAM , PA
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-05-2018, 01:04 PM
dogbite1337 dogbite1337 is offline
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Default

Took it this morning. Seemed pretty comparable to an ADAPT 5 or 6, which is what people were saying about EXAM C/4. I studied using the new STAM ASM manual and ADAPT, which is my norm.

I was confident in 25 of the questions and made an educated guess on the other 10. Hopefully this will be enough to pass. It was my first try at exam STAM. I had pretty easily passed P, FM, and MFE on the first try, but this definitely felt harder.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Moderator1 Moderator1 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 15,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbo1987 View Post
Yes to this

I am sitting for STAM in February, and I would like to hear feedback regarding the first sitting of this "new" exam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbite1337 View Post
Took it this morning. Seemed pretty comparable to an ADAPT 5 or 6, which is what people were saying about EXAM C/4. I studied using the new STAM ASM manual and ADAPT, which is my norm.

I was confident in 25 of the questions and made an educated guess on the other 10. Hopefully this will be enough to pass. It was my first try at exam STAM. I had pretty easily passed P, FM, and MFE on the first try, but this definitely felt harder.
Dogbite’s post is general enough, but be sure not to post anything content-related until Oct 11, when the current CBT window is complete. Others may still get exactly the same questions.

Good luck to all of you.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-05-2018, 01:27 PM
BelayMeMaybe BelayMeMaybe is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: University of Louisville Alumni
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbite1337 View Post
Took it this morning. Seemed pretty comparable to an ADAPT 5 or 6, which is what people were saying about EXAM C/4. I studied using the new STAM ASM manual and ADAPT, which is my norm.

I was confident in 25 of the questions and made an educated guess on the other 10. Hopefully this will be enough to pass. It was my first try at exam STAM. I had pretty easily passed P, FM, and MFE on the first try, but this definitely felt harder.
Congrats and good luck. What was your adapt level?
__________________
P FM MFE STAM FAP
Actuarial Job
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:01 PM
dogbite1337 dogbite1337 is offline
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelayMeMaybe View Post
Congrats and good luck. What was your adapt level?
6.6
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:09 PM
timmbo1987 timmbo1987 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Studying for Global Conquest
College: Ball State University, Alumni, M.A.
Favorite beer: Coffee and more Coffee
Posts: 108
Default

I am currently studying. I am using the latest version of C/4, as well as ADAPT. I am currently on MLE's. My question is this....is method of moments and percentile matching still on the exam?
__________________
P/1, FM/2, MFE/3F, MLC/3L, VEE, FAP, STAM , PA
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:11 PM
timmbo1987 timmbo1987 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Studying for Global Conquest
College: Ball State University, Alumni, M.A.
Favorite beer: Coffee and more Coffee
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbo1987 View Post
I am currently studying. I am using the latest version of C/4, as well as ADAPT. I am currently on MLE's. My question is this....is method of moments and percentile matching still on the exam?
Nevermind. I answered my own question.
__________________
P/1, FM/2, MFE/3F, MLC/3L, VEE, FAP, STAM , PA
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:22 PM
ActuariallyDecentAtBest ActuariallyDecentAtBest is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 233
Default

How many pilot questions are on this exam?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Gandalf's Avatar
Gandalf Gandalf is offline
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 31,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuariallyDecentAtBest View Post
How many pilot questions are on this exam?
Why would there be any pilot questions this time? This sitting does not have immediate pass/fail.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.47093 seconds with 10 queries