Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-05-2018, 03:21 PM
CAS

Diablo Immortal is going to make a ton of money. Their mistake was announcing it the way they did. All intel points to it being a reskin of an already existing game.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 AM
SOA

Studying for PA

https://streamable.com/6k3ls
Old 11-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS

Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux

diablo 3 is a good game imo. quit the whining and relish the wc3 remake.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:50 AM
CAS

Happy birthday to the ground
Old 11-06-2018, 11:59 AM
SOA

In Champ 3, Div 3 now in 3v3 for Rocket League. Not really sure how TBH. Sometimes I can play up to that level, other times I just think how the hell am I in the same lobby as these other people (thankfully most people up here don't take 30 sec of the game to flame you, most just try to stay in groove). When I did placements for my cousin who doesn't play anymore it was jarring to me just how much people flame and type during the game in ranked games down in gold and plat.

Guess I just need Fat Ninja to keep carrying me into Grand Champ! Actually watched a few replays lately to look at rotations and stuff (something I rarely do). Also was doing some practice sessions trying to learn how to air dribble. Who knows, maybe I can actually touch Grand Champ, if I do I can't even imagine sustaining it for 12 wins. More likely than not I'm back down to Champ 2 soon enough. One thing I have been doing is limiting my numbers of games in ranked playlists, especially 3v3. Only play it when I'm mentally up for it and warmed up. Also stop playing when starting a losing streak, I think it has helped a lot in maintaining my personal best in ranking.

BTW - be sure to tune into twitch.tv/rocketleague this weekend for the World Championships. I actually attended in person a couple years ago, it really is fun to watch. Hoping for C9 to win, but we shall see. The big favorite is team Dignitas which have won the last 3 years.

Last edited by dancran1220; 11-06-2018 at 12:03 PM..
Old 11-07-2018, 10:24 AM
SOA AAA

Studying for FSA

Are you playing Grand Champs yet? I remember when I was D3 and started playing Champ 1's and saw a noticeable gap in skill. I would think you'd see something similar with grand champs. I feel pretty comfortable in Champ 1 most of the time but have trouble keeping up with the pace of Champ 2/3.

I believe in the C9 dream but Dignitas has just been unstoppable, we'll see.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:51 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
Are you playing Grand Champs yet? I remember when I was D3 and started playing Champ 1's and saw a noticeable gap in skill. I would think you'd see something similar with grand champs. I feel pretty comfortable in Champ 1 most of the time but have trouble keeping up with the pace of Champ 2/3.

I believe in the C9 dream but Dignitas has just been unstoppable, we'll see.
Sometimes a mix of GCs, yes. Haven't had a lobby with a majority of GCs yet though. The game definitely changes with GCs because if they go for something (even if it is a pretty crazy), you have to expect they will hit the ball and generally hit it well. Meaning being patient for a mistake from someone you think is overreaching just makes you look completely dead in the water as the mistakes simply don't happen as much. That also puts more pressure on me because I'm not at that level of car control/ball hitting consistency so I can't always meet them for 50/50s or make the awkward clears.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:07 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but apparently newly elected CO governor Jared Polis is not only the first openly gay man to elected governor, he's also the first openly hardcore-gamer.

League of Legends is his game of choice

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...d-polis-218367

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS

Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux

He mains Maokai? What a G
Old 11-13-2018, 01:24 PM
SOA

CLOUD 9! Rocket League World Championships delivered. Watched nearly all the games (on replay and skipping through breaks, not live). My favorite North American team, Cloud 9, lost their first series of the tournament and went into the loser brackets where every series is win or go home. From there they run the entire gauntlet, knocking out 7 of the 10 teams competing in the event. In the finals, they go against Dignitas, the two time defending world champions from EU who had a perfect regular season and world championship run to the finals. Since it is double elimination, Cloud 9 had to beat this undefeated team in TWO Best of 7s in order to claim the title. They won 4-1 and 4-1, winning 8 of 10 games. Unbelievable run with some spectacular goals along the way.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one