Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-14-2017, 10:10 AM
SOA

Studying for modules
Favorite beer: Shiner

Tried the new Destiny 2 raid blind last night. Only got the 2nd real room in about 5 hours (Opening it took a little bit of figuring out, then first room was a pain). We figured out what to do in the second room, but just couldn't execute. Going to try and get it beat this weekend, we'll see how difficult the rest of the raid is, looked like world first took ~6 hours.

2013-2014 EPL Prediction Contest Champion

2016-2017 EPL Prediction Contest Champion
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM

Is it true there are no checkpoints in the raid? It's possible the person I was talking to just didn't get far enough to get one. I've been slow grinding, and my only character is still a little shy of 260, but that's equipping some gear that I'd rather not use. So unless I pound out some good gear on Friday, I'm still probably at least a week from being able to raid.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:04 AM
SOA

Studying for modules
Favorite beer: Shiner

My guess would be just the initial opening doesn't trigger a checkpoint. I haven't tried re-entering the raid yet, but I would be shocked if there were none what-so-ever.

2013-2014 EPL Prediction Contest Champion

2016-2017 EPL Prediction Contest Champion
Old 09-14-2017, 11:51 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Is it true there are no checkpoints in the raid?
I'd be stunned if there wasn't one. I believe the first check point would be the Baths though - so if they didn't get there, then they wouldn't have gotten a check point.

Last edited by whisper; 09-14-2017 at 11:56 AM..
Old 09-14-2017, 12:42 PM
SOA

Pretty big Nintendo Direct last night. Some of the highlight (from my POV, anyway):

Doom is coming to Switch this holiday season. Wolfenstein 2 is will come sometime in 2018. I think these are pretty big gets for Nintendo. I have a feeling a lot of developers will look at the success of these releases on the Switch to decide of they should make their titles for it. Somewhat hyperbolic, but I think these titles could make or break the console as a 3rd party destination.

"Project Octopath Traveler" (working title) is a traditional 2D turn-based JRPG from Square Enix's "Bravely" team (two popular 3DS titles). While it's odd they still don't have a title, the game looks amazing. Even better, a demo for the game was released last night! I played 20 minutes into Primrose's story and the game is awesome!

Super Mario Odyssey is getting a console bundle for $380; so not a real discount (not surprising, given the Switch is still scarce in some places). The bundle comes with Switch with "Mario Red" joycons, SMO, and a SMO-themed carrying case.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 seems like it'll actually hit it's 2017 release window, with a 12/1 release date. Skyrim was dated as well, coming in 11/17.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Is it true there are no checkpoints in the raid? It's possible the person I was talking to just didn't get far enough to get one. I've been slow grinding, and my only character is still a little shy of 260, but that's equipping some gear that I'd rather not use. So unless I pound out some good gear on Friday, I'm still probably at least a week from being able to raid.
I streamed I watch had to quit the raid about 3/4th through yesterday because someone had to leave. They got back on later and finished, and I don't think they had to restart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Pretty big Nintendo Direct last night. Some of the highlight (from my POV, anyway):

Doom is coming to Switch this holiday season. Wolfenstein 2 is will come sometime in 2018. I think these are pretty big gets for Nintendo. I have a feeling a lot of developers will look at the success of these releases on the Switch to decide of they should make their titles for it. Somewhat hyperbolic, but I think these titles could make or break the console as a 3rd party destination.

"Project Octopath Traveler" (working title) is a traditional 2D turn-based JRPG from Square Enix's "Bravely" team (two popular 3DS titles). While it's odd they still don't have a title, the game looks amazing. Even better, a demo for the game was released last night! I played 20 minutes into Primrose's story and the game is awesome!

Super Mario Odyssey is getting a console bundle for $380; so not a real discount (not surprising, given the Switch is still scarce in some places). The bundle comes with Switch with "Mario Red" joycons, SMO, and a SMO-themed carrying case.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 seems like it'll actually hit it's 2017 release window, with a 12/1 release date. Skyrim was dated as well, coming in 11/17.
Unless it's trash, I'm getting Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch.
Is that Octopath demo on 3DS or Switch? Same question for upcoming game.
Is the XC series good? Wondering if I should get XC2.
I'm going to buy Skyrim on Switch at some point (not at launch and again assuming it isn't trash).
Old 09-14-2017, 02:22 PM

The Wii Xenoblade games was unbelievable. I will get XC2. Mario looks freakin' sweet.

Octopath? Need to look into that.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:28 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Unless it's trash, I'm getting Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch.
Is that Octopath demo on 3DS or Switch? Same question for upcoming game.
Is the XC series good? Wondering if I should get XC2.
I'm going to buy Skyrim on Switch at some point (not at launch and again assuming it isn't trash).
Octopath is exclusively on Switch; demo and full game (when it releases, obv).

I haven't played XC game, but I've wanted to. The Nintendo Direct had an extensive look at it (IIRC), so you can check there if it's something that would interest you.

I got all 1000 achievement points in Skyrim on 360 originally (i.e. I played the shit out of it), but could not be interested enough to hop back into the DLC when it release (which I bought and basically wasted money on). So I'm not sure I'll pick up on Switch. Although they are inticing me by putting Zelda gear/weapons in it...
Old 09-14-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
The Wii Xenoblade games was unbelievable. I will get XC2. Mario looks freakin' sweet.

Octopath? Need to look into that.
I have Mario pre-ordered through amazon. I know I'm gonna get it, and Nintendo games rarely decline in price, so I'll save 20%.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:27 PM
SOA

Lost a squad game in Battlegrounds late last night after the new patch hit. Took an AWM off a guy's dead body and it ended up being 3v3 squad to finish the game after our squad took out another squad of 3 when it was at 9 people remaining. Downed two of the final squad with the AWM while they downed both of my teammates to make it a 1v1 for the game.

He hit me twice with an AR while I peaked to gather info on his spot, then peaked back out with my 4x AWM and drilled him straight in the chest, but he didn't go down! Heartbreak. He landed another shot or two on me and forced me into cover. Got a first aid off as a grenade landed at my rock and propelled me out of cover and put down to a sliver of HP. Scrambled back behind cover before he could shoot, but he had 2 more grenades and threw them extremely well and got me. Hindsight 20/20, but should have just tried to finish him rather than hoping the nades didn't reach me. Also, since this is the new patch, I realized they buffed grenade hitbox and damage which helps explain why I died since I didn't feel the grenades were all the close compared to previous experience of surviving nade throws.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one