Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Corporate Finance and ERM (CFE) Track
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when new jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Corporate Finance and ERM (CFE) Track Old Exam DP - Design and Pricing

Old 11-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Note Contributor
SOA

Studying for nothing!

I never tear the pages off in advance. It is very satisfying to take a completed page off of the pad during the exam and know you are done. Or sometimes I need to set a page aside because there are points I haven't tried to answer yet and I'll come back to it after I've gotten further along or as I think of something. Either way, having a pile of blank papers in front of me hasn't ever seemed desirable.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:48 PM
SOA

Studying for Foundations of CFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink7441 View Post
Why would you want to rip all of the pages out of your booklet during the read through? In case you need to add more information to a question on a separate page, but have already started the next question on the next page?
This.

I've never been able to progress linearly through the exam in any session. I'll normally create several piles of papers by the end of each session, corresponding to the work I've done on each problem. Rarely, if ever, did I finish an entire problem to my satisfaction after the first run-through, so I'd leave a part blank that I couldn't think of right away, and come back after the first run-through to spend a little more time thinking about it and filling in the blanks.

Because everything should taste like bacon.
AO Golfers Unite! Here and here.