Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytcs Recruitment
Download our 2017 Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I'm pretty sure my "main" in D2 is now the Titan, which is at 290. Hunter and Warlock are at 286 and 289 respectively. Guess I need to finally complete a Nightfall and give the raid a shot
I just realized that I was using almost all gear/weapons with no legendary mods. I was able to quickly go from 290 to around 295 with both my Titan and Warlock. (I'm fairly certain I'm don't have interest in the Hunter ever again, so I'm likely to not worry about moving their power level up.)

I should probably start looking into raid videos to prep myself (per Cavaliere's suggestion). I'll likely not seek out LFG forums and such, so I'll likely only do the raid if my clan has a spot for me.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:55 AM
SOA

Just attempted the prestige raid last night and boy it was a doozy. All enemies are harder to kill, which really does makes it so much harder. My group got through the gauntlet and gardens, but couldn't get passed bathers. I'm gonna try again later today and hopefully beat this dang thing.

Quote:
I'll likely not seek out LFG forums and such, so I'll likely only do the raid if my clan has a spot for me.
Probably a smart idea. If you have a chill clan, then you should be good. LFG is becoming more "be 300+ with experience", although I have seen some say they're willing to walk newbies through.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:16 AM
SOA

I watched a "Leviathan for Dummies" video on YouTube. This thing is crazy! It amazes me that people figure out how to get through this stuff on their own.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:33 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
I watched a "Leviathan for Dummies" video on YouTube. This thing is crazy! It amazes me that people figure out how to get through this stuff on their own.
Considering that before this raid, there has been 4 prior raids:
Vault of Glass
Crota's End
King's Fall
Wrath of Machine

There is somewhat of a raid formula. The first raid (Vault of Glass) world first took 14 hours, which shows you how much knowing the formula has helped figure out the raid.

The end of the encounter splash screen also gives insight into what you need to do. So, in the gauntlet - you have something like psychic projections consumed. So, that tells you how many balls you need to pick up to complete the section. Also, it was obvious from playing the gauntlet that the prestige was going to require everyone to run the gauntlet before the 4th phase.

The interesting thing is when the "solution" hit upon by the community was not necessarily the best way to do the encounter. For Kings Fall, the challenge mode for Oryx was actually easier and more efficient way of taking out Oryx than the approaches developed in the normal raid.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
Just attempted the prestige raid last night and boy it was a doozy.
We tried, but most of us were on alternative characters that we've not run the raid with - and it didn't let us in. So, we just ran our alts through the normal.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:36 AM
CAS AAA

First time in the raid where I was running the 1st phase of the gauntlet (mostly to get experience for the prestige, the guy that normally runs this phase had never been outside the gauntlet, and he needed to know what to do).

I main a Hunter, and was playing on my Warlock (who needs 1 piece to hit 305 and just being denied....). OMG, how SLOW the character is running through that section....
Old 10-19-2017, 01:13 PM
It's a funny name.

Played some more Fractured But Whole last night (and stayed up a lot later than intended )... really digging the game so far.

Fight mechanics are interesting (from what I read online, similar to FF: Tactics), and it seems there's definitely a more strategic approach to the battles. So far, my lack of strategy hasn't been too impactful (Jimmy has gone down a couple times), but that could change on some tougher battles.

Crafting is a little underwhelming to me, although maybe I just don't get it yet. Instead of finding buffs, health packs, etc around town, you primarily find ingredients and have to craft your own (or buy them). You can find, buy or craft different costumes too, but that doesn't appear to have any effect on armor or attack stats.

I really like that you can change your class mid-game, in what appears to be as many times as you want. Locking in that decision at the outset was the worst part of the first game for me.

I had some amazingly funny moments last night, but I won't go into details here in order to prevent spoilers. If anybody REALLY wants to know, I can fill them in via PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:53 AM
SOA

Just beat the prestige raid last night. Joined a group at Calus, and we actually beat it on our second try, don't know how we did that.

I mainly did this raid because 1) I wanted to say I did it 2) get the prestige nightfall/raid achievement 3) get the final piece to the Legend of Acrius (which is just a skin, btw)and 4) maybe get some cool looking gear. I only got a titan mark throughout the whole raid, so not super worth it.

All in all, I'm a little let down by the prestige raid. It's way harder than the normal, yet doesn't really give you much. I don't think I'd recommend anyone doing the prestige. I did it just to do it, but I might not do it again.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
Just beat the prestige raid last night. Joined a group at Calus, and we actually beat it on our second try, don't know how we did that.

I mainly did this raid because 1) I wanted to say I did it 2) get the prestige nightfall/raid achievement 3) get the final piece to the Legend of Acrius (which is just a skin, btw)and 4) maybe get some cool looking gear. I only got a titan mark throughout the whole raid, so not super worth it.

All in all, I'm a little let down by the prestige raid. It's way harder than the normal, yet doesn't really give you much. I don't think I'd recommend anyone doing the prestige. I did it just to do it, but I might not do it again.
Is the prestige nightfall going to be easier for the trophy/achievement?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:12 PM

Had a good turn in after reset yesterday. Leveled up and pulled the six shooter emote from my bright Engram. My crucible turn in gave me a helm (was my lowest) that popped it up a lot. I went from 277 power to 281 power. Still have a clan xp turn in to finish. But now I can make legendary mods!

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one