Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-30-2017, 12:58 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
Im surprised you guys actually accepted a 295, considering you should be at least 300. I usually don't care too much about someone's light level, but being under the recommended means you'll be dealing less damage and i think receiving more. I'm not saying you need to be 305, just be at least 300, and you should be good to go.
I got in a rando group and that's what we went with. I think the leader was trying to carry his buddy through.

That being said, I finally was able to get through Prestige NF this morning

I'm two trophies (Raid and Trials) away from plat, which I'm honestly not sure I'll ever get.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:04 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I'm two trophies (Raid and Trials) away from plat, which I'm honestly not sure I'll ever get.
Trials trophy is just win 1 round, not go flawless - so it's not so bad.
The raid should be doable if you can find some time to commit to it.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:35 PM
SOA

Quote:
I got in a rando group and that's what we went with. I think the leader was trying to carry his buddy through.

That being said, I finally was able to get through Prestige NF this morning

FWIW, the prestige achievement/trophy has the smallest amount of people completing it. You've essentially done the hardest one, the rest shouldn't be too bad.

I thought the Trials one would be the hardest, but it isn't too too bad. You just need to win one game and go to the sanctuary or whatever it's called.

Raid should be relatively easy. If all you're trying to do is just get the trophy, then join a group at Calus. Otherwise, start fresh and enjoy it.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:39 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Trials trophy is just win 1 round, not go flawless - so it's not so bad.
The raid should be doable if you can find some time to commit to it.
Quote:
FWIW, the prestige achievement/trophy has the smallest amount of people completing it. You've essentially done the hardest one, the rest shouldn't be too bad.

I thought the Trials one would be the hardest, but it isn't too too bad. You just need to win one game and go to the sanctuary or whatever it's called.

Raid should be relatively easy. If all you're trying to do is just get the trophy, then join a group at Calus. Otherwise, start fresh and enjoy it.
Yeah, I've been looking for groups for both of those and there doesn't seem to be "newbie friendly" groups looking very often...
Old 10-31-2017, 10:20 AM
SOA

Just got The Fracture But Whole last night. So far, it's fun, funny, and crude as you would expect. I'm still getting used to the new fighting style. For Stick of Truth, it was more like standard turn based battle with action commands, similar to Paper Mario. Now, it's kinda like a mini field that you fight in, similar to Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, with action commands.

Quote:
Yeah, I've been looking for groups for both of those and there doesn't seem to be "newbie friendly" groups looking very often...
When I was looking for a trials group, I usually looked for people who are looking for "chill players". Or I host and say I'm looking for "chill players". I've been in a group where we tried to win, but kinda laughed it off if we didn't. I absolutely suck at crucible, but I was still able to get this achievement.

As for the raid, as long as you're upfront and say something like "new to raid, but have an idea of what to do", the group that accepts you should be willing to help. I've personally helped almost full fireteams of people who've never done the raid. If you're the only one on the team who hasn't done it, everyone else should be able to help you and breeze through.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:46 AM
It's a funny name.

Quote:
Just got The Fracture But Whole last night. So far, it's fun, funny, and crude as you would expect. I'm still getting used to the new fighting style. For Stick of Truth, it was more like standard turn based battle with action commands, similar to Paper Mario. Now, it's kinda like a mini field that you fight in, similar to Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, with action commands.
piece of advice... try to build your team so that it's not all melee attacks where you need to stand in the same row, adjacent to the enemy. I handcuffed myself doing that a few times, and had to waste some turns where there was no move to make.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:47 AM
It's a funny name.

saying that out loud, it seems super obvious. but I still ran into issues with it
Old 10-31-2017, 01:12 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
piece of advice... try to build your team so that it's not all melee attacks where you need to stand in the same row, adjacent to the enemy. I handcuffed myself doing that a few times, and had to waste some turns where there was no move to make.
Yea, took me a little while to realize you cant attack vertically (columnly?), minus a few attacks that attack the whole row/column. Makes sense, i'll have to restructure when I get more members. I only have myself as the spell caster a.k.a. "flamer", kyle, and craig.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:17 PM
SOA

Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic! That's all.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:23 AM
SOA

Finished the main story in Odyssey last night. What a ridiculous fun final kingdom and boss sequence that was! I finished with 277 moons, and I've heard there's like 900 or so. So I'm gonna keep chipping away at this for a while!
Spoiler:
There's also complete Kingdoms that don't open up until you finish the game. After you finish the game, you get to explore:
Spoiler:
Mushroom Kingdom! And they definitely lean hard on Mario 64 nostalgia, as you jump through portraits on the wall to fight harder versions of boss battles from the main story. And they use the same "level start"
jingle from 64. I love it!

I also was able to nab an SNES Classic on Target this morning!

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one