Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Wiki Contributor
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
CAS AAA

Studying for the rest of my life.
College: Alumnus - Queens College - CUNY
Favorite beer: Stone Ruination IPA

Made the mistake of dipping my toe back into Elite: Dangerous recently. Addictive stuff, even on solo. And yes, I'm too cowardly to fly a T7 in open.

--with apologies to Dr. Leon Lederman
Old 11-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

I'm trying to divide my time between:

Baldur's Gate 2
Pillars of Eternity
Lego Dimensions
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Madden '16

With only a handful of hours a week to play, it's tough.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:10 AM

New mario is really awesome. It's been hard to not look up a single review or guide or trick or anything. I'm just enjoying exploring the worlds and collecting moons. The hat concept is really really well done and fun.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:11 AM

Woah, you found a SNES classic?!
Old 11-02-2017, 01:46 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
Woah, you found a SNES classic?!
I wouldn't say "found." Target advertised they were gonna sell them on the website on 11/1 at 10am ET to their REDCard holders only.

It almost didn't happen for me, as it went live around 10:02, I had one in my cart, and upon clicking "Place Order," it told me it was sold out. It went WAY too fast imo, and I was hoping their website just did something wonky. Luckily, I was right, because around 10:10, I was able to add one to my cart again and get through the process. My order was processed and is already in the mail
Old 11-02-2017, 01:48 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
New mario is really awesome. It's been hard to not look up a single review or guide or trick or anything. I'm just enjoying exploring the worlds and collecting moons. The hat concept is really really well done and fun.
What I found was awesome was that in all of the trailers, they showed some cool stuff and it turns out most of it was super early in the game. There is very many cool things that they never showed, so it was fun experiencing them fresh.

Being that I'm in the end game, I'm still not planning on looking anything up and trying to get as many moons as possible without guidance.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Ditto on the whole "trailers show early game stuff". I feel like I have already played everything the trailer showed, and I'm on world 3.

It's really fun. I can't stress enough how enjoyable it is. I'm having a little control / handling issues, but that is more on me than the game. Bosses are creative and challenging, but not frustrating. Some moons are easily accessible, some are really tough, some seem easy but are tough to get too. It's just a really well done game.

Side note: NBA 2k18 is crazy frustrating. Online mode is unplayable.... again. I typically play the MyTeam mode where you collect cards, but the amount of 3 pointers I miss with a release timing of "good" and coverage of "wide open" makes me want to break my TV. May turn this game in before the all star break (Feb).

Got mad excited for South Park... and haven't played it. Was hoping to get to a good stopping point in NBA first, but that point is looking like it is still a month or so away.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:23 PM
SOA

After months long hiatus I finally wrapped up the AC: Syndicate storyline. Overall I enjoyed the game, but didn't find it very hard. Still a bit of side quest stuff I can do with different characters in the game, but not sure I'll get through them.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:36 PM

Mario Odyssey is awesome. Wife has beaten the campaign and has over 500 moons. She’s now tracking down the new moons. When I noticed Lakitu day, “How did I get here?” after she released him, the hidden idea of the hat became a little bleaker.

Mlschop, (or anyone else) if she likes Mario and finding stuff, would she like Breath of the Wild?
Old 11-06-2017, 04:18 PM

BotW is a lot more "sophisticated" in my opinion. What I mean is that it feels more like a game with consequences, where Mario is a game about fun.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one