Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > General Actuarial
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Actuarial Jobs by State

New York  New Jersey  Connecticut  Massachusetts 
California  Florida  Texas  Illinois  Colorado

General Actuarial Non-Specific Actuarial Topics - Before posting a thread, please browse over our other sections to see if there is a better fit, such as Careers - Employment, Actuarial Science Universities Forum or any of our other 100+ forums.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:33 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for More Money
Favorite beer: Wurzel Bier

Maybe we should see if Russia can get those emails for us so we could judge for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary321 View Post
I would really hate to bring Pokémon to a gun fight.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:09 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
still not seeing it? Admittedly, I am far from an expert on user profiles and don't know what to look for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
I agree. The profile looked normal enough to me. Is he banned only from selected areas of the AO?
Click on his handle i nthis thread, then on anyone elses. Every other non-banned posters will give you the option to send them a PM. That link is gone from Mr. Rubenstein's profile. I'm not sure if there is a way to turn off PMs yourself, which he may have done instead of getting banned.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
Click on his handle i nthis thread, then on anyone elses. Every other non-banned posters will give you the option to send them a PM. That link is gone from Mr. Rubenstein's profile. I'm not sure if there is a way to turn off PMs yourself, which he may have done instead of getting banned.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2017, 05:22 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Only 25 posts that haven't been deleted by moderators over 10.5 years.
ifyp
Old 11-14-2017, 12:01 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underpaid View Post
If you want answers, try sending him a PM
Old 11-14-2017, 12:04 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
Maybe we should see if Russia can get those emails for us so we could judge for ourselves.
I downloaded the sample of offensive emails provided by the defendants in the case (it's public record). I won't attach it given the explicit content, but I'll just say it's very VERY clearly over the line.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mred View Post
I downloaded the sample of offensive emails provided by the defendants in the case (it's public record). I won't attach it given the explicit content, but I'll just say it's very VERY clearly over the line.
Ah man, do you have to create a free trial account to download those or did you find somewhere else?

PM?

Last edited by Darkrage; 11-14-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Old 11-14-2017, 12:34 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrage View Post
Ah man, do you have to create a free trial account to download those or did you find somewhere else?

PM?
Steps:

1. Create Pacer.gov account (You have to give a credit card unless you want to wait 7-10 days for your account to go active, but they only charge you if you have more than $15 in costs in a quarter.)

2. Go to https://pcl.uscourts.gov/search and search for case number 1:16-cv-00475 in region Tennessee.

3. Click on the one result you get, and then click history/documents.

4. Run query on all events.

5. Click on item 20 (6/16 memorandum in support of motion)

6. Click download all.

Total charges for everything should be under $4, so you shouldn't be billed for it as long as you don't have any other PACER charges to get your quarterly total above $15.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:36 PM
SOA AAA

College: Graduated from Ohio State too many years ago to remember
Favorite beer: Newcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mred View Post
Well, not that I am defending the OP, but "clearly over the line" is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak.

He perhaps came to this forum expecting some sympathy for his case, and he ended up sounding like some sort of conspiracy theorist, in my opinion. But he thinks he has a case, and he thinks he did not step over the line. Otherwise, he would not have sued the Academy for expelling him, and he would not have come here looking for support for his case from other actuaries. Maybe he thinks actuaries should always support other actuaries, like some sort of underground club. And maybe he's now finding out that actuaries are ethical after all!

It's really hard not to be judgmental in this case, but the guy sounds almost like the definition of a lone wolf.

Now I better shut up before he send me one of those nasty emails (and no, I didn't download them).
Old 11-14-2017, 01:00 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Well, not that I am defending the OP, but "clearly over the line" is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak.
In emails to a small number of prominent Academy members, he described in specific detail how those members were performing sexual acts on each other. He additionally propositioned one of those members himself.

I imagine there might be a small number of people out there who don't believe that to be "clearly over the line", but you might have some trouble finding them.