Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 6-8
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:33 PM

I'm still waiting....submitted morning of 4/3
Old 04-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biz View Post
I could be wrong but if you look at Red's past post it looks like he/she is just making sh*t up. He talks about already having his ASA and already passed exam 8.
Not saying you are wrong but He/She also has some posts in the End of Module 7 Excersice discussion.

I was confused by the ASA comment too.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Am not making it up. Wish I was. I have to look at the posts about fixes for 9-11.

Here is the email I got. It doesn't say anything about if I have to do the same one again. I looked at the application and the only way they know it is the second time is by me checking the box with the lower fee.

Dear -

We have completed your FAP Final Assessment grading.

You have been graded as Does Not Meet Minimum Requirements.

You will need to register to take the assessment again and submit the appropriate fees.

If you wish to register for the assessment, complete and submit the assessment Registration Form that can be found by following the link below.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
SOA AAA

Favorite beer: Newcastle

Could be ASA under previous rules but without credit for Course 7 seminar.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
Oh, you know what? 4/6 they posted a fix to task 9-11. Another for task 10 solution on 4/12. Did anyone who has been graded completed task 10? I know I completed that beast.

That might be the problem.
Where did they post the update?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I hope so - I called them just to make sure, b/c this is quite uncharacteristic of the SOA to turn this around so quick. She said that was consistent with what's in their system, and she checked with some other place and it's for real (woohoo!). She also said the graders are trying to turn around the results fairly quickly, and they are supposed to be going in order of submission, but some may be doing it a little bit differently for whatever reason.
hmm, from fap forum
Old 04-17-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Am not making it up. Wish I was. I have to look at the posts about fixes for 9-11.

Here is the email I got. It doesn't say anything about if I have to do the same one again. I looked at the application and the only way they know it is the second time is by me checking the box with the lower fee.

Dear -

You will need to register to take the assessment again and submit the appropriate fees.

If you wish to register for the assessment, complete and submit the assessment Registration Form that can be found by following the link below.
That sucks.

I wonder if you will complete the same exact tasks that you were assigned the first time, or yo are randomly assinged tasks again, or if there is a different project.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM

I am officially freaking out now. I know that my numbers were not "correct" for certain tasks, given what was posted here. I am hoping that the analysis is more important than arriving at the "correct answer" ( or close to it).
Old 04-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Favorite beer: Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post

Dear -

I would call the SOA and question them since if you fail it is suppose to be graded by another grader at least once. This should take longer than it takes for me to have mine graded, and you can tell them that too.

But seriously you might want to make sure it had been graded twice.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Red, I apologize, just confused by the ASA comment. Plus it seems pretty quick for them to notify you of not meeting min req. You must of got some pretty quick graders.

Last edited by The Biz; 04-17-2007 at 02:13 PM..

Tags
fa results, final assessment