Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Actuarial Jobs by State

New York  New Jersey  Connecticut  Massachusetts 
California  Florida  Texas  Illinois  Colorado

Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
PlayStation 3 in Europe will play fewer old games

Less functionality + Same price (probably) = Bad for us
Less game sales + Cheaper production = Good for Sony?

Sweet. MS and Nintendo must love this news. Cutting costs by making the European PS3 use software emulation instead of a PS2-equivalent chip for playing PS2 games, thus reducing backward compatibility.

It would have been better if none of the models had the PS2-equivalent chip. Instead, they're singling out Europe and pissing them off. Just out of principle as a European I wouldn't buy it.

If they wanted to cut costs, they should have left out the Blu-Ray from the PS3. That's at least $200 right there. Then sell an add-on for those who actually want Blu-Ray.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
James Washer / Notes Contributor
SOA

I'm about 15 hours into Zelda and it's getting better and better every time I play it. If you have a Wii, then I definitely recommend picking Zelda up.

We help people pass actuarial exams.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Gambler View Post
I'm about 15 hours into Zelda and it's getting better and better every time I play it. If you have a Wii, then I definitely recommend picking Zelda up.
I'm about 8 hours into it and I concur. At first I hated swiping my sword to attack...(still not a HUGE fan of it)...but it's become "habit" now - so I don't mind. Everything else is superb! Dare I say best Zelda yet? LTTP is close so far...I probably shouldn't say anything until I finish this...
Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
SOA

Yeah, the controls were a little iffy at first, but now I actually feel more comfortable than I do with a regular controller.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
CAS

Quote:
When you get to the room with the big cannon (probably for a while), don't save and quit.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumples View Post
When you get to the room with the big cannon (probably for a while), don't save and quit.
So you can go back and do side quests without having to start over? Thanks for the tip.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumples View Post
Quote:
So you can go back and do side quests without having to start over? Thanks for the tip.
Is there any other reason? I'm assuming this is the "end of the game with no turning back" point?

I remember reading there was a pretty big glitch in the game...where you can get "stuck" - something like "you need to complete task X before doing task Y, but for some reason you're allowed to do Y before X, but since you didn't do X, you can't progress any further." Anyone familiar with this?

I remember when I read it (~2 months ago , before i owned the game...or a Wii...) the author said it wasn't "common" but it always wasn't "impossible" to do either...
Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
SOA

Where I ended yesterday could have some trouble. I need an arrow to beat this guy I'm out of arrows. After it said game over do you want to try again? I said yes, but it took me straight back to the guy and you can't exit and get arrows. I had to quit playing so hopefully when I start back up I'll be able to get arrows before fighting him.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
SOA

Quote:
Where I ended yesterday could have some trouble. I need an arrow to beat this guy I'm out of arrows. After it said game over do you want to try again? I said yes, but it took me straight back to the guy and you can't exit and get arrows. I had to quit playing so hopefully when I start back up I'll be able to get arrows before fighting him.
There weren't any jars or anything in the boss' lair that you could crack to re-up? Historically in (3D) Zelda games that was always the case (although in OOT, you needed special arrows to kill Ganon and there was nothing in the room to replenish them).
Old 02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
SOA

It's not a boss' lair. It's a bridge and shit I hope I didn't save b/c they talk about that glitch here too.

Quote:
Quite late in the game, you come to a room with a big cannon in it. You'll know it when you see it. It's not at snowpeak. If you save the game in this room and restart there, you become stuck and can never leave the room.
There's also a glitch after you cross the bridge of Eldin (after the Goron Dungeon). If you save in the area with the bridge you can also get stuck.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one