Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM
CAS SOA

Favorite beer: Belly Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
9 minutes in...I'm guessing you've died twice by now.
???
Old 10-26-2011, 08:02 AM
CAS

Favorite beer: Batch Brewing

Picked up Dark Souls after my exam yesterday. So... I'll be addicted to that for the next 3 months. I like the 5 free potions every time you spawn. Already got eff'd by half a dozen ridiculous things. That Black Knight in the first world? Yeah, don't fight him. I know it's tempting with his back turned to you. I'm on the first "real" boss (after the prologue one, which is super easy).

Also, Dragon Quest IX was on sale for $20. Add it to my list of JRPGs I need to play on DS (DQ 4, DQ5, DQ6, FF3, FF4...).

Last edited by sloppyjoe; 10-26-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoo View Post
Sex = female
Class = deprived

Result = OMG!!!!

What did you guys pick?
female hunter. Although, I don't nearly have enough arrows to re-spawn 20 times and get through a whole level. Almost went with Sorcerer, but I still like some melee combat. Just wanted to do something different than Demons Souls, where I went a Knight or something (the heavy armor / healing magic one). Heavy armor sucks. I'd rather be a more agile class that can dodge, while still using a decent weapon.

It's weird being able to create a character in Dark Souls (and with a name!?!). All you could do is pick the class in Demons. A welcome addition.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 AM

I am about to play demon souls, but one review said that Dark souls has alot of gangbanging where you have to memorize the AI path, is this accurate?
I prefer strategic 1-1 battles.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
female hunter. Although, I don't nearly have enough arrows to re-spawn 20 times and get through a whole level. Almost went with Sorcerer, but I still like some melee combat. Just wanted to do something different than Demons Souls, where I went a Knight or something (the heavy armor / healing magic one). Heavy armor sucks. I'd rather be a more agile class that can dodge, while still using a decent weapon.
It's weird being able to create a character in Dark Souls (and with a name!?!). All you could do is pick the class in Demons. A welcome addition.
Warrior fits the bill, that's what I picked. Just like in Demon's Souls there's a ring you can get that reduces your equipped burden by 50%. You can get it pretty early if you picked the master key as your gift and are good at backstabbing.
Before the devil
Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson123 View Post
I am about to play demon souls, but one review said that Dark souls has alot of gangbanging where you have to memorize the AI path, is this accurate?
I prefer strategic 1-1 battles.
I don't think it's accurate, but sometimes it take a little effort to figure out how to lure enemies out one at a time. I'm guessing the reviewer rused into things rather than pulling/luring enemies. The same goes for Demon's Souls.
Before the devil
Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoo View Post
???
It was a joke about how challenging the game is and how much you die in it.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:13 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodninja View Post
Warrior fits the bill, that's what I picked. Just like in Demon's Souls there's a ring you can get that reduces your equipped burden by 50%. You can get it pretty early if you picked the master key as your gift and are good at backstabbing.
I did pick the Master Key as my gift. Since I thought my class might be a little weak in combat, I thought it would be good to get a few extra weapons early on from locked stuff.

I need to figure out the Taurus boss... I can't seem to evade anything with the narrow bridge.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
CAS SOA

Favorite beer: Belly Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
It was a joke about how challenging the game is and how much you die in it.
Oh I die so much in any game I've hardly noticed!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
CAS AAA

Studying for Nothin!
Favorite beer: Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post

I'm pretty sure you could make your own name, and face and everything in Demon's Souls.

The great thing about Jesus is that He came for ALL of us... while we were yet sinners. It is through Him that we are saved.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though working for the Lord, and not for men. Colossians 3:23

Where's Perry?

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one