Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:36 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter View Post
Didn't read spoiler. Might need to pick RE7 back up.
It's definitely classic RE1-esque RE. It's frustrating me in places (per previous posts), but I'm also enjoying it.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:50 AM
SOA

Dark Souls Remastered is coming out in May for PS4, XBO, PC and Switch!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Dark Souls Remastered is coming out in May for PS4, XBO, PC and Switch!
Any details? Is it just a port or are they actually finishing Lost Izalith?
Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM

The World Ends With You Remaster for Switch! That came out of left field.

Dark Souls, Mario Tennis, and a few more Wii U ports announced on today's Direct. And free Odyssey DLC!! Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this paid online stuff. It's been almost a year. Millions of people playing Mario Kart and Splatoon online for free right now. Seems like it'll be rough to pull the carpet out from them.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 PM

Favorite beer: pilseners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Vashtar View Post
Will come back with an official verdict after getting a cultural victory on Emperor or above.
Round 1: think I'm losing.

I tried Chinese, which has workers that can build wonders? and rushed Stonehenge before we even had a pantheon (why are we moving these stones bro?) and founded a religion based around wonders. But then I couldn't produce apostles or whatever because we don't have any shrines.

Then went for Pyramids, to make my awesome workers awesomer. Then Petra to really get going in the desert? But at this point the AIs were already making wonders that were a scientific-step ahead of me, so 3 or 4 is about all I'm gonna get.

And meanwhile Cleopatra wants war, with 10x the army, but also 10x the stupid. I win with a couple archers. But choosing peace was bad because then she converts me to her religion, just as I was finishing my shrines. I thought about loading and just staying at war, but her religion was already 3x reformed, and she was already producing a Billion faith, and it just seemed hopeless and wasteful.

Meanwhile I didn't expand enough-- because apparently in this version there's no real penalty now to expanding? Which is annoying because who likes managing 5+ cities? It's boring. Also lacking campuses and industrial districts (oops district cap!), so it's going to be a slow march into irrelevance.

Also, while I like the idea of 'government', I just DON"T CARE enough to read every boost and every civic. It's tedious!

In short, no I don't like civ 6. Not yet anyway.
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
I know nothing about Dark Souls, so I dunno. AFAIK, all that was released was a 1 minute trailer with no gameplay.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redprinceton View Post
The World Ends With You Remaster for Switch! That came out of left field.

Dark Souls, Mario Tennis, and a few more Wii U ports announced on today's Direct. And free Odyssey DLC!! Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this paid online stuff. It's been almost a year. Millions of people playing Mario Kart and Splatoon online for free right now. Seems like it'll be rough to pull the carpet out from them.
I totally agree. I think it'll be rough to make people pay to play games they've been playing for a year or so.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I know nothing about Dark Souls, so I dunno. AFAIK, all that was released was a 1 minute trailer with no gameplay.
I saw an article stating that they will be upping the resolution and FPS. It didn't say anything about additional content. I'll be very curious to see where they set the price point for this considering how old it is.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
I saw an article stating that they will be upping the resolution and FPS. It didn't say anything about additional content. I'll be very curious to see where they set the price point for this considering how old it is.
Itís on amazon for $40, and it comes with the DLC for the game. Still a fantastic game.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Itís on amazon for $40, and it comes with the DLC for the game. Still a fantastic game.
That's a bit too steep for me to buy it again. I already have it on PC with the DLC and can run the same resolution and FPS as this update. If it was like $20 though, I may have re-bought it just so I could play it portably.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one