Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Around the World > Français > La carrière - l'Emploi: Français
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 06-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Actuarial Outpost Administrator
Contact me: Send me a PM
or email me
tom.troceen@dwsimpson.com
CAS SOA COPA

Location: Sitting in front of a red button w/ your name on it
College: FSU ActSci Alumni
Favorite beer: Root
Default Life Insurance Actuary – France - AGF

Life Insurance Actuary – France

Organization & Location
AGF
87, rue de Richelieu
73113 Paris cedex 02
France

Qualifications: FSA

Description:

AGF, the insurance operation of Allianz Group in France, is looking for a Life Insurance Actuary. The position would be based in Paris, France and would report to the Chief Actuary for life insurance.

AGF is a multi-line insurance company which joined the Allianz Group in 1998. The Life Insurance Actuary position offers responsibility for a range of activities of the company and provides the opportunity to work in the following areas:

·Analyze and review Embedded Value calculation
·Manage Embedded Value process over various departments contributing input and receiving results
·Analyze and review adequacy of life insurance actuarial reserves according to local statutory and IFRS accounting, of DAC and of LAT
·Analyze and review adequacy of life insurance product pricing and profitability controlling
·Ensure consistency with group wide standards and guidelines
·Contribute to projects with life actuarial topics
·Communicate and liaise with departments involved in actuarial processes and with Group centres from Allianz headquarters, link between accounting and actuarial information
·Follow developments in French market, represent AGF at conventions and meetings of the insurance industry on actuarial matters

We are looking for enthusiastic actuaries with five years actuarial experience, including several working with embedded value calculations. All candidates should be either qualified actuaries or be close to and actively pursuing qualification. We are looking for candidates with good analytic and communication skills, excited about working in a dynamic international environment.

A strong command of the English language is essential. French skills are not essential, but a willingness to learn the language is.

Allianz is one of the world’s leading financial services providers and the largest insurer in Europe. Allianz is present in more than 70 countries with over 177,000 employees. At the top of the international group is the holding company, Allianz SE, with its head office in Munich. Allianz is an equal opportunity employer.

For further information, please contact: sylvain.gadenne@agf.fr Chief Life Actuary of AGF.