Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > General Actuarial
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Life, Health & Pension

Health Actuary Jobs
Insurance & Consulting jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Actuarial Recruitment
Visit DW Simpson's website for more info.
www.dwsimpson.com/about

Casualty Jobs
Property & Casualty jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

General Actuarial Non-Specific Actuarial Topics - Before posting a thread, please browse over our other sections to see if there is a better fit, such as Careers - Employment, Actuarial Science Universities Forum or any of our other 100+ forums.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:08 PM
SOA

Default VEE Applied Stats Transition Credit Question

Hi,

I have taken and passed one exam this spring. I have also completed and passed ACTEX online VEE course in applied stats. My understanding of the transition rules is that after this Saturday, the VEE applied stats credit will be transformed into equivalent credit for VEE mathematical statistics and also exam credit for the new exam SRM.

My question has to do with the two-exam-minimum requirement for applying for VEE credit. Even though I have only passed one exam, can I use the VEE applied stats 'transition credit' for the SRM exam to count to this requirement, thus allowing me to apply for VEE credit without strictly having taken and passed two exams?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 PM

Great question! Oh, you posted it well after business hours on an unofficial site one day before your deadline expires. Smart!

Sucks to be you. Seriously, why didn't you raise this issue earlier when it might have been possible for us to help you?

"I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself."
Old 06-28-2018, 09:21 PM
SOA

My understanding was that I just need to pass VEE applied stats before the deadline in order to be eligible to translate it to SRM credit in the future. I don't have to claim it by the deadline.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:26 PM

That's good news for you!

Why ask us to spend our time investigating your issue and helping you when you seem to already know the answer?

"I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself."
Old 06-28-2018, 09:36 PM
SOA

Two comments:

1) I think you misunderstand my situation. I am asking about the eligibility requirements to apply for VEE credit. Specifically, the requirement to have passed at least two exams. I am asking if passing one exam, and then getting transition credit for SRM exam after Saturday, counts as 'passing' two exams for the purposes of applying for VEE credit.

2) If your time is so precious and valuable, no one is forcing you to spend it answering my question.

Last edited by tyus; 06-28-2018 at 09:40 PM..
Old 06-29-2018, 10:36 AM
SOA

Studying for PA
College: BU Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyus View Post
Hi,

I have taken and passed one exam this spring. I have also completed and passed ACTEX online VEE course in applied stats. My understanding of the transition rules is that after this Saturday, the VEE applied stats credit will be transformed into equivalent credit for VEE mathematical statistics and also exam credit for the new exam SRM.

My question has to do with the two-exam-minimum requirement for applying for VEE credit. Even though I have only passed one exam, can I use the VEE applied stats 'transition credit' for the SRM exam to count to this requirement, thus allowing me to apply for VEE credit without strictly having taken and passed two exams?

Thanks
You should reach out to the SOA directly: vee@soa.org. I doubt that anyone on the AO will have an answer for you. Good luck.

FAP: 1 2 3 4 5 IA 6 7 8 FA

VEE: Econ Finance Stats