Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > CAS > CAS Exams - General
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries

Old 05-18-2018, 01:32 PM
CAS

College: UMCP
Default iCAS Exam 3

p

Last edited by RSalzman; 05-21-2018 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: DELETE
Old 05-21-2018, 02:27 PM
CAS

Is the exam really going to be offered in June? They haven't even released any of the study material for it yet. Or is June just when they release exam information.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:40 PM
CAS

Default Exam 3

Yes the goal to have the first exam release late June early July. Everything is on target. Syllabus, and two sets of notes have been released. Everything else should be released within the next two weeks.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:20 AM
CAS

Studying for Exam 9
College: University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Favorite beer: Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Looking on the CAS website it looks like the first sitting for this exam is offered in September, and it is only offered in Indianapolis? Am I reading that correctly?
Old 08-02-2018, 06:48 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls460 View Post
Looking on the CAS website it looks like the first sitting for this exam is offered in September, and it is only offered in Indianapolis? Am I reading that correctly?
Yeah it seems very hard to find much information on it and I'm definitely waiting until the 2nd sitting for this one. But I did notice this sentence when I was looking at registration: "If you do not see your city and state (or country) which you would like to take the test, please email- Membership@thecasinsitute.org to indicate a location suitable for you. The test is expected to take 3 hours -with a limit of 5 hours."

I also thought I had read that it was an electronic exam that would be proctored remotely a la Exam 5, so maybe Indianapolis is just where the remote proctors are or something.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:42 AM
CAS

Default iCAS Exam 3

Exam 3 will be offered on September 13th . Candidates will take the exam within a virtual environment hosted by TrueAbility on their own computers overseen by live proctors. Once they submit their registration form and the prerequisites are confirmed, candidates will be contacted to assign proctors and examination locations. For more information please go to: https://thecasinstitute.org/press_re...pa-credential/

Tags
cas, cspa, icas, predictive modeling