Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Life, Health & Pension

Health Actuary Jobs
Insurance & Consulting jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Actuarial Recruitment
Visit DW Simpson's website for more info.
www.dwsimpson.com/about

Casualty Jobs
Property & Casualty jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
SOA

Anyone picking up either of the GOW games coming out this month? God of War and Gears of War both have their 4th installments hitting in March; God coming out this week and Gears next week IIRC.

I feel like the buzz around both of these games is pretty quiet. Is it the "subtitle" releases that makes people not care? Would the buzz be louder if they were GOW4 respectively? Or are we just bored of these franchises?

I think I'd like to play both of these at some point...just not sure I wanna do it at full price.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I just found out that Dark Souls is $20 on Xbox Live Games on Demand and Sleeping Dogs is on sale for $20 as well. Either of those games worth it?
I love/hate you for pointing this out.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM
CAS

Studying for Survivor Fantasy Football
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
I just found out that Dark Souls is $20 on Xbox Live Games on Demand and Sleeping Dogs is on sale for $20 as well. Either of those games worth it?
Dark Souls was absolutely engrossing and very few video games do that for me these days. Not everyone reacts that way to the game but it's very much worth a shot if you haven't played it before.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Anyone picking up either of the GOW games coming out this month? God of War and Gears of War both have their 4th installments hitting in March; God coming out this week and Gears next week IIRC.

I feel like the buzz around both of these games is pretty quiet. Is it the "subtitle" releases that makes people not care? Would the buzz be louder if they were GOW4 respectively? Or are we just bored of these franchises?

I think I'd like to play both of these at some point...just not sure I wanna do it at full price.
I only have a PS3 so I don't really follow the Gears news. I think God of War is a bit more under the radar because it seems like they've changed the structure a bit. The new "exciting" stuff that they've shown has been the multi-player stuff. So it just doesn't totally look like a true GoW game, it looks more like a spinoff. I don't care about multi player for God of War so it just doesn't look like something to get that excited about.

It just makes me more skeptical until I see some reviews. Also the GoW game seem to be short, relative to what I normally play, and so I have no problem waiting for a price drop.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

My friends and I are downloading a free game from XBLA, Happy Wars. I'll let you know how it turns out in a week or two. Don't bother reading reviews, people slam it for connectivity issues that I belive have been resolved.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
Dark Souls was absolutely engrossing and very few video games do that for me these days. Not everyone reacts that way to the game but it's very much worth a shot if you haven't played it before.
Dark souls is definitely worth $20 (I thought it was worth the $60 I paid for it).

I wasn't really a fan that the game seemed to either with-hold information or set you up to fail in certain cases but once you get around those few spots it's a great game.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Anyone going to get Heart of the Swarm expansion for SCII?
I'll probably wait and get it when there's a sale. I want it more for the campaign than the multiplayer. Right now, I'm enjoying GW2.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillgreen View Post
I'll probably wait and get it when there's a sale. I want it more for the campaign than the multiplayer. Right now, I'm enjoying GW2.
Anything better in the game in the past 3-4 months or so? I got bored of GW2 pretty quick.

I started playing path of exile (free-to-play diablo2 clone basically). Played it quite a bit but really just getting sick of the RNG and don't feel like grinding enough to get better gear.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: KCCO Gold Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post

Had all intentions of picking up gears...been so busy I haven't met my personal goal of getting seriously 3.0 yet though.
Even worse, AC3 still sits unopened

I'll get gears at some point, but given that I don't even recall the last time I turned on my Xbox, I'm in no rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I like playing with myself
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Official AO Ninja

Studying for my next eye exam
Favorite beer: Guinness - because it's color of ninjas. And delicious.

I bought the God of War Saga for PS3 (1&2 + the 2 PSP ones) after Christmas with the intent of playing through all of the GoW games before I get the new one. I don't think I'm even half done GoW 1 yet.

oh yeah, still haven't bought AC3 or the new Hitman game either. This having a family thing is REALLY cutting into my video game time.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one