Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #22711  
Old 06-27-2017, 12:14 PM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Also bought Portal 2 for 2 bucks last night. Somehow never played the second one, figured it would be hardpressed to not give me 2 bucks worth of enjoyment
I wish I could have a brain injury that caused me to forget everything about Portal 2 so I could play it again for the first time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
  #22712  
Old 06-27-2017, 04:32 PM
dancran1220's Avatar
dancran1220 dancran1220 is online now
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,759
Default

PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds players, rank your AR preferences. I'm curious.

No attachments:
SCAR, M16, M4, AKM

Full attachments:
M4, SCAR, M16, AKM

I've had the best success in late game with a kitted M4, in those pretty tense duels that need to end quickly and decisively. By same token, AKM has been my worst, I struggle by shooting it too fast and lack consistency/comfort, especially in crucial situations. The SCAR is overall solid to me, it plays well with no attachments but also seems well controlled with attachments late game. M16 I haven't picked up as much recently, but if I have a good scope it is my favorite AR from mid to long range, but doesn't translate into end game situations quite as well for me. I need to give the M16 a better tryout.
Reply With Quote
  #22713  
Old 06-27-2017, 05:31 PM
G-Funk's Avatar
G-Funk G-Funk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds players, rank your AR preferences. I'm curious.

No attachments:
SCAR, M16, M4, AKM

Full attachments:
M4, SCAR, M16, AKM

I've had the best success in late game with a kitted M4, in those pretty tense duels that need to end quickly and decisively. By same token, AKM has been my worst, I struggle by shooting it too fast and lack consistency/comfort, especially in crucial situations. The SCAR is overall solid to me, it plays well with no attachments but also seems well controlled with attachments late game. M16 I haven't picked up as much recently, but if I have a good scope it is my favorite AR from mid to long range, but doesn't translate into end game situations quite as well for me. I need to give the M16 a better tryout.
I've only played a half dozen matches and I feel lucky if I find anything other than a pistol, but I see a lot of SCARs in the feed. I've had the most success just driving people down in cars.
Reply With Quote
  #22714  
Old 06-27-2017, 05:59 PM
redprinceton's Avatar
redprinceton redprinceton is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Also bought Portal 2 for 2 bucks last night. Somehow never played the second one, figured it would be hardpressed to not give me 2 bucks worth of enjoyment
Oh man, good buy.

I think that was probably my favorite game of the previous console generation.
Reply With Quote
  #22715  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Jim Lahey's Avatar
Jim Lahey Jim Lahey is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: May 2015
Favorite beer: Liquor
Posts: 268
Default

Anyone play Path of Exile? Looking for a game to completely nerd out on for the next month or so before I start modules, haha
__________________
I am the liquor

Prelims: P (7) FM (7) MFE (8) MLC (9) C (9)

VEE: ECON FINANCE STATS

FAP: 1 2 3 4 IA 6 7 FA

APC (December 13th)
Reply With Quote
  #22716  
Old 06-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Chronus's Avatar
Chronus Chronus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Anyone play Path of Exile? Looking for a game to completely nerd out on for the next month or so before I start modules, haha
I've played off and on, it's really fun especially for the price. They are going to be releasing a giant expansion that will completely change the game in the next couple of weeks so starting to play before that might not be the most efficient use of time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma Karuna View Post
I find men are pretty simple creatures, actually...just figure out what they like (BJs, chicken pot pie, good scotch, whatever) and then give them lots of it, and they're pretty compliant.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Reply With Quote
  #22717  
Old 06-29-2017, 12:16 PM
dancran1220's Avatar
dancran1220 dancran1220 is online now
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,759
Default

Bought Bioshock Infinite for $7.50 now last night. Should be nicely stocked on filler games for a bit now.
Reply With Quote
  #22718  
Old 06-30-2017, 12:08 PM
mlschop's Avatar
mlschop mlschop is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 36,352
Default

Downloaded BOTW DLC this morning! Can't wait to check out the trial.

The "Heros Path" map feature was surprisingly engaging to me. It not only tracked your path of play (which you can watch like a video overlaid on the map), but it shows every death as well.
Reply With Quote
  #22719  
Old 07-01-2017, 11:48 AM
mlschop's Avatar
mlschop mlschop is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 36,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Downloaded BOTW DLC this morning! Can't wait to check out the trial.
Man this trial is tough! What sucks is one mistake and your run ends. I'll probably hop in and give it a shot every once in a while, but I don't think I'm going to focus on getting through it.
Reply With Quote
  #22720  
Old 07-03-2017, 12:52 PM
redprinceton's Avatar
redprinceton redprinceton is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Man this trial is tough! What sucks is one mistake and your run ends. I'll probably hop in and give it a shot every once in a while, but I don't think I'm going to focus on getting through it.
You get a spot to rest and cook food after floor 6 and you get to save your progress after floor 13.

I was pleasantly surprised at how tough it was. I've gotten through the first save point so far.

Watching my "hero's path" has been a lot of fun. I divert from the main path very early in the game and find Eventide Island. Funny to watch the playback show how many times I died there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.64694 seconds with 10 queries