Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Actuarial Jobs by State

New York  New Jersey  Connecticut  Massachusetts 
California  Florida  Texas  Illinois  Colorado

Old 07-25-2017, 06:37 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Alright, I'm getting Destiny 2. Planning to main a Warlock Dawnbringer because fire sword super.
What platform?
Old 07-25-2017, 06:39 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Alright, I'm getting Destiny 2. Planning to main a Warlock Dawnbringer because fire sword super.
From the Beta:

The story telling is vastly improved.

The world quests after the campaign sounds like an improvement on the changes they implemented with the Taken King.

Lore being in the game is also a big improvement.

There are some questions that some have been addressed (power ammo in PvE for example), and others that we'll see. Some are PvP balance which can (and hopefully will be) addressed in the changes.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
What platform?
PS4
Quote:
From the Beta:

The story telling is vastly improved.

The world quests after the campaign sounds like an improvement on the changes they implemented with the Taken King.

Lore being in the game is also a big improvement.

There are some questions that some have been addressed (power ammo in PvE for example), and others that we'll see. Some are PvP balance which can (and hopefully will be) addressed in the changes.
I had launch Destiny. This beta for D2 felt so much better, and I want to get into it. I've heard about lots of improvements, but it wasn't enough to swing me back. I played a hunter and finished main story, but I don't remember anything about the character and very little about the world.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
PS4

I had launch Destiny. This beta for D2 felt so much better, and I want to get into it. I've heard about lots of improvements, but it wasn't enough to swing me back. I played a hunter and finished main story, but I don't remember anything about the character and very little about the world.
How does the D2 movement feel? I've read some reports that say they've slowed it down compared to D1 to put more emphasis on PvE.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
How does the D2 movement feel? I've read some reports that say they've slowed it down compared to D1 to put more emphasis on PvE.
So, in D1 - Titans (and to a lesser degree Warlocks) could use their jumps in such a way that made them much faster than intended. [Hunters were the agility class and Titans could easily out speed them by skating.]

They have completely eliminated Titan and Warlock skating.

They have slowed down movement as well by a slight bit.

I played a hunter in the beta, and have most of my time played as a hunter on D1 - and didn't really notice a big difference. I know that people who played on as a Titan kept on trying to skate and fail.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:21 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
I don't remember anything about the character and very little about the world.
The character really has nothing behind them. They barely speak. There really is nothing to remember about the character.

The world had a lot interesting lore, but you wouldn't have gotten the vast majority of it by playing the game. It was in the app.

A BIG change that they've instituted in D2 is pulling the lore from the app and putting it into the game. That alone should be a huge improvement in PvE because you'll actually have a better idea of why you're doing what you're doing.

For example, in D1 campaign - you open up a communication array.

This gives the warmind access to satellites on Mars, which he uses to destroy Vex and Cabal. They go searching for the warmind. This story is only in the app.

This action by the warmind leads to the Mars missions where you see that the Cabal are digging for the warmind and the Mars strike with the psions where they are trying to get at the warmind. The player, unless they read that card, doesn't have any clue on why they are doing this two missions on mars.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
To someone who hasn't played D1 in 3 years, movement felt good to me.
Quote:
The character really has nothing behind them. They barely speak. There really is nothing to remember about the character.

The world had a lot interesting lore, but you wouldn't have gotten the vast majority of it by playing the game. It was in the app.

A BIG change that they've instituted in D2 is pulling the lore from the app and putting it into the game. That alone should be a huge improvement in PvE because you'll actually have a better idea of why you're doing what you're doing.

For example, in D1 campaign - you open up a communication array.
Spoiler:

This gives the warmind access to satellites on Mars, which he uses to destroy Vex and Cabal. They go searching for the warmind. This story is only in the app.

This action by the warmind leads to the Mars missions where you see that the Cabal are digging for the warmind and the Mars strike with the psions where they are trying to get at the warmind. The player, unless they read that card, doesn't have any clue on why they are doing this two missions on mars.
When I said character, I actually meant class. Like, why did I pick a hunter? What was cool about it? I downloaded the Destiny app and apparently the hunter super involves a gun made of light. That may have been why, lol.

Also, my clan didn't kick me out, lol. It was just a casual clan, but it's even still active.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:58 PM

PS+ for August announced
Just Cause 3 (I've almost bought this a few times)
AC4: Freedom Cry (I guess this is a stand alone expansion to AC4)
Super Motherload
Snake Ball
Downwell
Level 22

I like the way things are trending. Another great, retail game for free (Until Dawn last month) and both from 2015 (that is the timing I expected things to be on). I'm surprised Knack wasn't in this list as Knack 2 comes out on 9/5. I would think giving away a 3 year old first party game to entice people for the sequel would be smart.

Last edited by The Wizard of Awe; 07-26-2017 at 04:02 PM..
Old 07-26-2017, 04:05 PM
It's a funny name.

I already own JC3, and I'm a sucker for AC games. 1 out of 2 ain't bad.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:36 PM
SOA

Quote:
PS+ for August announced
Just Cause 3 (I've almost bought this a few times)
AC4: Freedom Cry (I guess this is a stand alone expansion to AC4)
Super Motherload
Snake Ball
Downwell
Level 22

I like the way things are trending. Another great, retail game for free (Until Dawn last month) and both from 2015 (that is the timing I expected things to be on). I'm surprised Knack wasn't in this list as Knack 2 comes out on 9/5. I would think giving away a 3 year old first party game to entice people for the sequel would be smart.
Nice list for next month

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one