1095 6th Avenue, NY, NY
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Main responsibilities include monitoring and evaluation of the performance of multinational business (group life, medical, accident and disability, pool, captive and other alternative funding mechanisms) participating in Global Employee Benefits Programs. Combination of underwriting and actuarial work.
Dimensions of Position:
Support the Departmentís efforts in achieving post-tax earnings goals.
Support the Departmentís efforts in achieving planned premium levels as part of the Global Employee Benefits organization.
Ensure MN portfolioís return on economic capital meets/exceeds MetLifeís hurdle rate.
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
- Supervises and coordinates underwriting and renewal actions for critical accounts with local offices. Actions agreed 30-60 days in advance of anniversary dates.
- Participates in RFP strategy, implementation and administration processes for Global Employee Benefits programs.
- Quarterly monitoring of Global Employee Benefits portfolio, identification of trends and coordination of corrective actions with local offices and Global UW. Within 45 days of the end of each quarter.
- Work with Medical Center of Expertise to identify drivers of experience and implementation of rate and plan design changes. Actions agreed 30-60 days in advance of anniversary dates.
- Manage and supervise the renewal actions in policies participating in Captive Programs. Actions coordinated with Account Executives and Captive Clients.
- Coordinate the definition of technical parameters for Global Employee Benefits programs (Pricing, Cat Re, XS Re, GIL, etc). As needed.
- Preparation of profitability and performance reviews for the MN Solutions portfolio. Annually and quarterly, within 45 days of the end of the review period.
- Participate in strategic planning and project work to develop and/or improve underwriting of Global Employee Benefits programs.
- Participate in discussions with multinational clients for underwriting of large pool or captive accounts, as needed.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an Actuary. Prior exposure to underwriting of group benefits (life, medical, disability, dental) is required.
- Experience in Reinsurance is a plus.
- A 4-year college degree in mathematics, statistics or actuarial science.
- Obtained the ASA designation. Position is not attained through receiving Fellowship of Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation.
- Proficient in spreadsheets and other databases to generate mathematical and statistical modeling and reports.
- Multi-tasking: job requires managing and executing several projects at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills: Job requires communication with co-workers and other departments, and also with more associates in more than 40 countries.