Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-25-2017, 11:14 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooBeay View Post
There is your hostility...the OP can research and type this information up. however, the OP keeps insisting someone else do it.
and someone did. Seems like he is #winning.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracktuary View Post
and someone did. Seems like he is #winning.
my faith in actuarial outpost has been restored
Old 01-25-2017, 08:21 PM

lllj many thanks for this valuable and interesting information. Due to the complexity in calculating these things for people unfamiliar with your society, this is why I came onto this forum to ask, hoping for an interesting exchange of information. It's a pity so many people come on this thread to attack me personally rather than contribute positively.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
It's a pity so many people come on this thread to attack me personally rather than contribute positively.
You totally deserve it bro. I hope you have not passed CA3 yet. A little bit of understanding your target audience will go a long way.

I'm from IFOA too, by the way. Trust me, the 3 day tutorials are not necessary at all.

Last edited by thekang; 01-26-2017 at 01:43 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekang View Post
You totally deserve it bro. I hope you have not passed CA3 yet. A little bit of understanding your target audience will go a long way.
Only an idiot would make a comment like that. I guess truth really bothers some people.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:42 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
lllj many thanks for this valuable and interesting information. Due to the complexity in calculating these things for people unfamiliar with your society, this is why I came onto this forum to ask, hoping for an interesting exchange of information. It's a pity so many people come on this thread to attack me personally rather than contribute positively.
The complexity was arithmetic, as in adding up a column of numbers. With a calculator. If that was too difficult for you, then your familiarity with other actuarial societies really isn't a concern.

"I guess I just have a lower prior-expectation of humanity than you folks. You win for optimism, but I win for accuracy."
--Pseudolus

"I wonder if there's a lower bound on how dumb the internet can get. We gotta be getting close, right?"
--Mother of DragQueens
Old 01-26-2017, 12:56 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough Exams Already View Post
The complexity was arithmetic, as in adding up a column of numbers. With a calculator. If that was too difficult for you, then your familiarity with other actuarial societies really isn't a concern.
Agreed. This whole thing just seems like someone was lazy. Before I took any actuarial exams, I was able to figure out the similarities/differences between SOA, CAS, and IFoA with regards to exams, costs, time, and difficulty
Old 01-26-2017, 03:52 PM

Why reinvent the wheel? If people already know these details then I'm inviting them to share it. No big deal. The summary information I require is not easily displayed. If you don't wish to share information then please take your actuarial personalities to other threads.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jominican View Post
Agreed. This whole thing just seems like someone was lazy. Before I took any actuarial exams, I was able to figure out the similarities/differences between SOA, CAS, and IFoA with regards to exams, costs, time, and difficulty
So tell us?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Non-Actuary

Have you looked at bean actuary and actuarial lookup?