Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Treadmill Treadmill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha
8-8 is NOT a success period.
It's all relative. If you are a Bengals fan like me, 8-8 IS a success. I can point to the standings and proclaim that my team is as good as some of the playoff teams (that would be the Vikings and the Rams).
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
DonkeyPunch (Banned) DonkeyPunch (Banned) is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,809
Default

Here's an email I got from Abducens today:

I was banned this morning. Ram hating hits critical
mass. This is definitely a moment I'll always remember
as a Rams fan.

Let me know what other boards you're visiting. I won't
be as active as I was on the actuary board - a big
piece of the fun there was tweaking all the arrogant
pricks that are pretty much everywhere in our
profession. Actuaries, esp. the younger guys, are
generally all a bunch of picked-on smartest kids in
class and never got over that arrogance. You should
see them when they get together and try to out-smart
each other.

I hope there's a way to look up all the Abducens
posts. If so I'll have to take a few hours and zip
them all up. They'll be hilarious to read through 10
years from now, seeing what the Rams did to people.
It's just amazing to me the ill feelings this team has
inspired over the last 6 seasons, how people just
believe we deserve to get shit on and just take it
with a smile.

Let me know where you're hanging out these days...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
DonkeyPunch (Banned) DonkeyPunch (Banned) is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_tree
Honestly, I'd blame the complainers much more than the mod. Traci didn't just decide to throw the book at Abs. I'm neither defend nor support Abs' posting style, but especially with the new board, if I really didn't want to deal with it I would have enabled ignore. His posts were much more annoying than blatantly offensive.
Maybe, although Traci does seem to be personally pleased that she banned him.

I figure I'll be the next to be banned. Given the rapid slide I'm sure the sports discussions are about to take, I can't say I care too much.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Not Mike Not Mike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_tree
Honestly, I'd blame the complainers much more than the mod. Traci didn't just decide to throw the book at Abs. I'm neither defend nor support Abs' posting style, but especially with the new board, if I really didn't want to deal with it I would have enabled ignore. His posts were much more annoying than blatantly offensive.
I complained.

I had him on ignore, but even with that, when I log on here, I have to see 10-15 new threads saying either:

a) The exact same thing
b) Nothing about Sports
c) Multiple threads "calling me out"

I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but the stalking was obnoxious. There were three new thread this morning created for the sheer purpose of annoyance:

One was about Martz having more rings than Cowher, one was about Cowher choking in the playoffs, and one was about Not Mike spelling Belicheck wrong. And I think there was another stating that the Rams are back in the playoffs. I guess the 6 threads he created on Sunday night about the Rams making the playoffs weren't enough.

I didn't ask for him to be banned, I simply pointed out that the "stalking" was annoying... there were at least 3 (I think more) threads created in the past 3 days that specifically had my name in the subject, for no reason. Apparently, it's because I'm a Rams hater.

I never complained to the mods on the old board despite the fact that 80% of the Private Messages I received were unsolicited ones from Abs.

There was only one person here that had serious issues, and quite frankly, it's an embarrassment that the guy is associated with this profession.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Han Solo's Avatar
Han Solo Han Solo is offline
Scoundrel
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Hoth
Posts: 7,828
Default

Why again did Abby get banned?? I didn't see anything different this morning than I haven't seen from him the past 3 years. I respect the decision of course, but that's a bit worrisome.
__________________
Wise enough to win the world
Fool enough to lose it
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
DonkeyPunch (Banned) DonkeyPunch (Banned) is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Mike
I complained.
Duh. Of course the thin-skinned little bandwagon fan complained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Mike
I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but the stalking was obnoxious. There were three new thread this morning created for the sheer purpose of annoyance.
hotkarl started 4 threads to Abducens in 2 days, and he's still here. I guess the "rules" are only enforced when someone cries like a little girl.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Il duce Il duce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 923
Default

Bring back Abby!
__________________
The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Wannabe Actuary's Avatar
Wannabe Actuary Wannabe Actuary is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: in front of a computer screen
Favorite beer: KCCO Gold Lager
Posts: 32,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci
I just got tired of messing with him

I warned him just a few days ago to cut it out - starting multiple threads that serve no purpose but to harrass - and he ignored the warning and did it again this morning.

Where's that wave bye bye emoticon?
__________________
Official Poster of Post 1,234,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I like playing with myself
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Il duce Il duce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Mike
I complained.

I had him on ignore, but even with that, when I log on here, I have to see 10-15 new threads saying either:

a) The exact same thing
b) Nothing about Sports
c) Multiple threads "calling me out"

I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but the stalking was obnoxious. There were three new thread this morning created for the sheer purpose of annoyance:

One was about Martz having more rings than Cowher, one was about Cowher choking in the playoffs, and one was about Not Mike spelling Belicheck wrong. And I think there was another stating that the Rams are back in the playoffs. I guess the 6 threads he created on Sunday night about the Rams making the playoffs weren't enough.

I didn't ask for him to be banned, I simply pointed out that the "stalking" was annoying... there were at least 3 (I think more) threads created in the past 3 days that specifically had my name in the subject, for no reason. Apparently, it's because I'm a Rams hater.

I never complained to the mods on the old board despite the fact that 80% of the Private Messages I received were unsolicited ones from Abs.

There was only one person here that had serious issues, and quite frankly, it's an embarrassment that the guy is associated with this profession.
When my son finds somebody at school to be annoying, I tell him to ignore it. I guess in the future I'll tell him to run to the principal crying and whining.
__________________
The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:22 PM
DonkeyPunch (Banned) DonkeyPunch (Banned) is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo
Why again did Abby get banned?? I didn't see anything different this morning than I haven't seen from him the past 3 years. I respect the decision of course, but that's a bit worrisome.
I think they've decided to use the switch to the new server as an excuse to sanitize all conversation here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.27496 seconds with 9 queries