Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries

Old 01-05-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha
8-8 is NOT a success period.
It's all relative. If you are a Bengals fan like me, 8-8 IS a success. I can point to the standings and proclaim that my team is as good as some of the playoff teams (that would be the Vikings and the Rams).
Old 01-05-2005, 12:53 PM

Here's an email I got from Abducens today:

I was banned this morning. Ram hating hits critical
mass. This is definitely a moment I'll always remember
as a Rams fan.

Let me know what other boards you're visiting. I won't
be as active as I was on the actuary board - a big
piece of the fun there was tweaking all the arrogant
pricks that are pretty much everywhere in our
profession. Actuaries, esp. the younger guys, are
generally all a bunch of picked-on smartest kids in
class and never got over that arrogance. You should
see them when they get together and try to out-smart
each other.

I hope there's a way to look up all the Abducens
posts. If so I'll have to take a few hours and zip
them all up. They'll be hilarious to read through 10
years from now, seeing what the Rams did to people.
It's just amazing to me the ill feelings this team has
inspired over the last 6 seasons, how people just
believe we deserve to get shit on and just take it
with a smile.

Let me know where you're hanging out these days...
Old 01-05-2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_tree
Honestly, I'd blame the complainers much more than the mod. Traci didn't just decide to throw the book at Abs. I'm neither defend nor support Abs' posting style, but especially with the new board, if I really didn't want to deal with it I would have enabled ignore. His posts were much more annoying than blatantly offensive.
Maybe, although Traci does seem to be personally pleased that she banned him.

I figure I'll be the next to be banned. Given the rapid slide I'm sure the sports discussions are about to take, I can't say I care too much.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_tree
Honestly, I'd blame the complainers much more than the mod. Traci didn't just decide to throw the book at Abs. I'm neither defend nor support Abs' posting style, but especially with the new board, if I really didn't want to deal with it I would have enabled ignore. His posts were much more annoying than blatantly offensive.
I complained.

I had him on ignore, but even with that, when I log on here, I have to see 10-15 new threads saying either:

a) The exact same thing
b) Nothing about Sports
c) Multiple threads "calling me out"

I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but the stalking was obnoxious. There were three new thread this morning created for the sheer purpose of annoyance:

One was about Martz having more rings than Cowher, one was about Cowher choking in the playoffs, and one was about Not Mike spelling Belicheck wrong. And I think there was another stating that the Rams are back in the playoffs. I guess the 6 threads he created on Sunday night about the Rams making the playoffs weren't enough.

I didn't ask for him to be banned, I simply pointed out that the "stalking" was annoying... there were at least 3 (I think more) threads created in the past 3 days that specifically had my name in the subject, for no reason. Apparently, it's because I'm a Rams hater.

I never complained to the mods on the old board despite the fact that 80% of the Private Messages I received were unsolicited ones from Abs.

There was only one person here that had serious issues, and quite frankly, it's an embarrassment that the guy is associated with this profession.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Scoundrel
SOA AAA

Why again did Abby get banned?? I didn't see anything different this morning than I haven't seen from him the past 3 years. I respect the decision of course, but that's a bit worrisome.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Mike
I complained.
Duh. Of course the thin-skinned little bandwagon fan complained.

Quote:
I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but the stalking was obnoxious. There were three new thread this morning created for the sheer purpose of annoyance.
hotkarl started 4 threads to Abducens in 2 days, and he's still here. I guess the "rules" are only enforced when someone cries like a little girl.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 PM

Bring back Abby!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: KCCO Gold Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci
I just got tired of messing with him

I warned him just a few days ago to cut it out - starting multiple threads that serve no purpose but to harrass - and he ignored the warning and did it again this morning.

Where's that wave bye bye emoticon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I like playing with myself
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I complained.

I had him on ignore, but even with that, when I log on here, I have to see 10-15 new threads saying either:

a) The exact same thing
b) Nothing about Sports
c) Multiple threads "calling me out"

I know I'm a pretty cool guy, but the stalking was obnoxious. There were three new thread this morning created for the sheer purpose of annoyance:

One was about Martz having more rings than Cowher, one was about Cowher choking in the playoffs, and one was about Not Mike spelling Belicheck wrong. And I think there was another stating that the Rams are back in the playoffs. I guess the 6 threads he created on Sunday night about the Rams making the playoffs weren't enough.

I didn't ask for him to be banned, I simply pointed out that the "stalking" was annoying... there were at least 3 (I think more) threads created in the past 3 days that specifically had my name in the subject, for no reason. Apparently, it's because I'm a Rams hater.

I never complained to the mods on the old board despite the fact that 80% of the Private Messages I received were unsolicited ones from Abs.

There was only one person here that had serious issues, and quite frankly, it's an embarrassment that the guy is associated with this profession.
When my son finds somebody at school to be annoying, I tell him to ignore it. I guess in the future I'll tell him to run to the principal crying and whining.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo
Why again did Abby get banned?? I didn't see anything different this morning than I haven't seen from him the past 3 years. I respect the decision of course, but that's a bit worrisome.
I think they've decided to use the switch to the new server as an excuse to sanitize all conversation here.