Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > Exams - General
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Exams - General Sub-fora: CFA exams
Non-specific topics and complaint department

Old 11-06-2017, 04:04 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcooljabe View Post
any university of waterloo alumni around? Frank reynolds used to rant at least once or twice a term during every single class i had with him about UW being the worst center for SOA exam cheating in all the world
why cheat when the SOA path is so easy? jk

i'd like to hear how/why UW "the worst center for SOA exam cheating in all the world"

i never cheated or entertained the idea
Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 PM
SOA

Haven't read through the whole thread, but closest thing I've seen / heard of to cheating in an exam was hearing about a proctor that practically offered to extend time limit and several people accepting and working beyond the limit for 15-20 minutes. I feel like these proctors need to be trained just a little bit more sometimes...
Old 06-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
Haven't read through the whole thread, but closest thing I've seen / heard of to cheating in an exam was hearing about a proctor that practically offered to extend time limit and several people accepting and working beyond the limit for 15-20 minutes. I feel like these proctors need to be trained just a little bit more sometimes...
The instructions a very clear. One of the other students taking the exam that day that did not elect to use the extra time should report the proctor as well as the students. All of them would get in trouble and that individual would never proctor another exam.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 AM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for 8
Favorite beer: Curmudgeon's Better Half

I've got this system, not sure if it's cheating. Before the test I make a list of all the things on the test. I'm talking every key idea, every list, every equation. I make flash cards with all of this information and review it multiple times. Then, when I go into the test, I've got all of this information stored in my brain. No one suspects a thing.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Non-Actuary

College: Angelo State University

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsAPoissonProcess View Post
I've got this system, not sure if it's cheating. Before the test I make a list of all the things on the test. I'm talking every key idea, every list, every equation. I make flash cards with all of this information and review it multiple times. Then, when I go into the test, I've got all of this information stored in my brain. No one suspects a thing.
Thanks for stealing the system I was gonna use. At least implement it slowly, so as not to raise suspicion. #theimitationgame