Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > EA Exams
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-08-2017, 03:44 PM
ASPPA

Favorite beer: Polar

How do people know when the JBEA meets to consider applications? The meeting dates cited in this thread don't coincide with the Notices of meeting dates searchable in the Federal Register. Word of mouth?
Old 09-08-2017, 04:30 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
How do people know when the JBEA meets to consider applications? The meeting dates cited in this thread don't coincide with the Notices of meeting dates searchable in the Federal Register. Word of mouth?
I'm not sure, but I'm hoping they review my application at the meeting this month (whenever it is scheduled for). I received an email earlier this week asking for me to send over my official SOA transcript. I'm hoping that means they were getting my application ready for review...
Old 09-11-2017, 04:51 PM
SOA

The Joint Board generally meets the second Tuesday of every month.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:33 PM
ASPPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCobb View Post
The Joint Board generally meets the second Tuesday of every month.
Thank you
Old 09-13-2017, 06:01 PM
SOA

I assume the joint board met yesterday since it sounds like they meet the second Tuesday of every month. It looks like historically the people who were approved at the monthly meeting get an email confirming their approval the following day. I was hoping to get an email today, but did not. Did anyone that is waiting for approval hear back today?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary1888 View Post
I assume the joint board met yesterday since it sounds like they meet the second Tuesday of every month. It looks like historically the people who were approved at the monthly meeting get an email confirming their approval the following day. I was hoping to get an email today, but did not. Did anyone that is waiting for approval hear back today?
I am also waiting and did not hear anything today. A week or two ago someone did ask me for my SOA Transcript, which I promptly provided.

I thought that when the Board meets, there is a record of it in the Federal Register. See this:

http://regulations.justia.com/regula...browse-by-date

I haven't seen any notices of them meeting since the July meeting.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
I am also waiting and did not hear anything today. A week or two ago someone did ask me for my SOA Transcript, which I promptly provided.

I thought that when the Board meets, there is a record of it in the Federal Register. See this:

I'm pretty sure they met in August. My friend received an email on Wednesday, August 9 informing her that her application had been approved.

I don't think they're all that consistent with email notifications though. I've heard of some people receiving phone call notifications and others, like me, who received no notification at all. FWIW, my enrollment letter is dated 6/10/2014 but I didn't receive it until 6/28/2014. I mailed my application on 1/29/2014.

I hope you guys hear something soon!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:07 AM
ASPPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post

I found out they are meeting next Tuesday, not this Tuesday. And no, there has been nothing posted online about their meetings, including in the Federal Register.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:33 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCobb View Post
I'm pretty sure they met in August. My friend received an email on Wednesday, August 9 informing her that her application had been approved.

I don't think they're all that consistent with email notifications though. I've heard of some people receiving phone call notifications and others, like me, who received no notification at all. FWIW, my enrollment letter is dated 6/10/2014 but I didn't receive it until 6/28/2014. I mailed my application on 1/29/2014.

I hope you guys hear something soon!
Thanks for this info - this is all good to know!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
I found out they are meeting next Tuesday, not this Tuesday. And no, there has been nothing posted online about their meetings, including in the Federal Register.
Phew... Hopefully we all hear good news next week then! Good luck everyone!