Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson
Actuarial Jobs

Visit our site for the most up to date jobs for actuaries.

Actuarial Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Health, Life, Pension and Non-Tradtional Jobs.

Actuarial Meeting Schedule
Browse this year's meetings and which recruiters will attend.

Contact DW Simpson
Have a question?
Let's talk.
You'll be glad you did.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormLetter View Post
Any thoughts on the significance of that lone zombie traipsing through the field on Shane's side of the car? (it appeared to me to be on Shane's side of the car both coming and going, which seems a director's error)

I thought on the return trip they were going to stop the car and just go kill it.
To me it spoke of the new reality. It was no big deal. Kind of like seeing a deer. Barely worth mentioning.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
To me it spoke of the new reality. It was no big deal. Kind of like seeing a deer. Barely worth mentioning.
Agree.

This was something I always liked about the comics - there were always zombies slowly walking around as people were driving down roads. It showed the new reality everyone was living in and is something the show was missing. In the show it's like 50 zombies or none (I'm exaggerating, but you get the point).
Michael: And a DNA test.
GOB: I hear the jury's still out on science.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
SOA

Studying for the hell of it...
College: AASU
Favorite beer: This one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Oscar Bluth View Post
Agree.

This was something I always liked about the comics - there were always zombies slowly walking around as people were driving down roads. It showed the new reality everyone was living in and is something the show was missing. In the show it's like 50 zombies or none (I'm exaggerating, but you get the point).
I think zombies have been greatly under-represented in the show so far.

Right now while they are out in the sticks it's a little more believable, but there are almost half a million people living in the Atlanta area currently... and there were maybe a few hundred zombies roaming the streets while they were there. So what happened to all the other people?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyalDragon View Post

Right now while they are out in the sticks it's a little more believable, but there are almost half a over 5 million people living in the Atlanta area currently... and there were maybe a few hundred zombies roaming the streets while they were there. So what happened to all the other people?
FYP
Old 02-27-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Right now while they are out in the sticks it's a little more believable, but there are almost half a million people living in the Atlanta area currently... and there were maybe a few hundred zombies roaming the streets while they were there. So what happened to all the other people?
Killed by zombies, killed by soldiers, napalmed, turned into zombies , escaped, and some are still sitting in that traffic jam out of Atlanta.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
SOA

Quote:
Killed by zombies, killed by soldiers, napalmed, turned into zombies , escaped, and some are still sitting in that traffic jam out of Atlanta.
Wouldn't the bolded be the same?

Also, after seeing the napalm scene with Shane and Lori watching from the hill outside the city, it seems like while the group was in town that the city streets were a lot less scorched and napalm-y than they should have been
Old 02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
FYP
Google fail on my part... I searched the actual city population and not the area.

I thought it seemed a little low, considering how many people I have to sit behind in traffic every day
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormLetter View Post
The preview of next week's episode appeared to have Daryl interrogating the kid in the barn. That seemed really really stupid to me.

Why didn't they interrogate him before they went through with the planned drop-off of the kid? I thought that was what Rick stated to the group as the plan - that Hershel said it would be a week before the kid could walk, and that at that point they give him a canteen and drop him off on some main road so he has a chance. That gives several days at least for interrogation.
He sure was pretty mobile for a guy who'd had an arrow-like metal rod pierce through his leg a couple nights prior.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't the bolded be the same?
I thought if the zombie killed you in the process of eating you, you didn't come back. Versus getting bit, getting the virus,. ????
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Favorite beer: Kupo Nut Pale Ale

i liked the episode overall, but i'm annoyed that it seems like Shane is still going to be a bitch about things. we'll see how it plays out, but Rick was awesome. he should have just left Shane to fend for himself, but I knew he wouldn't.

agree on the random zombie, it's just like spotting a lone deer or whatever, not a threat so don't worry about it. although, it was sort of interesting because it seemed like Shane was doing some pretty intense contemplation in both scenes... probably just trying to figure out how to be more of a bitch about not being top dog.

agreed about Andrea, she just launched herself firmly into annoying c*nt status. her and Lori are good candidates for m/s imo.

also agree about the interrogation, you would have assumed that Rick would have interrogated him before. question though--how did the kid even know Maggie was with Rick and Shane? I guess that they could have revealed themselves while taking care of him and nursing him back to health, but that's just so stupid. Why risk it? they should have only exposed Hershel and maybe Patricia (caretakers) and then of course Rick and Shane (transporters).

the first thought that came to my mind when he mentioned Maggie is how did the kid even know Maggie was with them? which confirmed to me that the outside group knows about the farm. then I remembered that this group is apparently getting worse at surviving, and the idea that they ALL revealed themselves to him during the course of his stay was not outside the realm of possibility.

i guess that's why they save all of their ammo for target practice.

the group seems to handle each situation worse and worse. is this on purpose? is it supposed to suggest that they are falling apart? maybe. or the writers are just getting sloppy as the season comes to a close.

3 more episodes! wonder where it'll end up?
where's that confounded bridge

Tags
jumped the shark, myotherwifeisazombie, token, zilf