Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson
Actuarial Jobs

Visit our site for the most up to date jobs for actuaries.

Actuarial Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Health, Life, Pension and Non-Tradtional Jobs.

Actuarial Meeting Schedule
Browse this year's meetings and which recruiters will attend.

Contact DW Simpson
Have a question?
Let's talk.
You'll be glad you did.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:58 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

Divinity Original Sins 2 is a loooong game. I'm still not done with Reaper's Isle... and I just now realized that I have to get back on the boat and go to a couple of other places too!
Old 08-06-2019, 09:12 AM
SOA

Studying for ERM
Favorite beer: Blue Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliere View Post
No, it doesn't require wifi, except for online multiplayer. It would be pretty silly if the switch, whose perk is being mobile, required being online in order to play games (It was stupid when microsoft decided to do that for the xbox one).
It would be, but I've played non-multiplayer games on my phone that require a WiFi connection to logon before you can start playing (which is really silly). I was hoping it would not be the same for the Switch!
DMAC
FAC
Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness View Post
who likes TFT
I would rather use my computer time to play aram or sr. If TFT was available on tablet, i think i would play a lot more while hanging out on the couch.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:14 AM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroway View Post
Ok, so here's the article I mentioned. Just trying to tie a bunch of video game "lessons" back to strategy and leadership. Why? Because I could.

Audience is more execs and business leaders, so I cut a lot of the video game component back.

What video games can teach us about strategy and leadership

EDIT -- also attached directly, as I just noticed pdfs are acceptable attachments
Thanks for sharing. It's very interesting and well written. Looking forward to your next article

ACAS 7 8 9
Old 08-09-2019, 11:35 AM
SOA AAA

Studying for FSA

Destiny 2 announced that cross-platform saves will go live on Aug/21, meaning you can migrate your progress from one platform to another. In my case I'll be going from PS4 to PC after abandoning the game for a bit over a year (I really feel like the season pass post-forsaken wasn't really that great), anyone else excited for this/the new upcoming update?
Old 08-09-2019, 12:42 PM
SOA

Studying for LTAM
Favorite beer: Two-Hearted Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
Destiny 2 announced that cross-platform saves will go live on Aug/21, meaning you can migrate your progress from one platform to another. In my case I'll be going from PS4 to PC after abandoning the game for a bit over a year (I really feel like the season pass post-forsaken wasn't really that great), anyone else excited for this/the new upcoming update?
So this is only save progress, right? I would have to buy the game again to play on the other platform, but just use my save? Bought for PC a long time ago but haven't played through any expansions. Would like to play on XB1 for a more relaxing time with friends, but wouldn't want to have to drop more money on it :/
Old 08-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
I find myself going back to Destiny 2 every couple of weeks. Each time, I feel like I'm falling behind more and more. But I can't quit it (although I have completely quit the crucible). I've only paid attention to high level news (like the switch to steam and going semi free to play), but the guys I play with have been really excited about the Bungie/Activision split and the upcoming changes. I'm guessing I'll get a little time in this weekend.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:12 PM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Does Destiny 2 have a single player campaign? I'm interested in trying some FPS games, but i'm not gonna play online.

ACAS 7 8 9
Old 08-11-2019, 02:40 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblade View Post

Thanks for sharing. It's very interesting and well written. Looking forward to your next article
Thanks -- it combines two of my passions: video games, and obscure, tortured metaphors!

Most of the lessons are things my company struggles with, but when I shared it with the other execs, they each focused on a different one, which was interesting.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblade View Post
Does Destiny 2 have a single player campaign? I'm interested in trying some FPS games, but i'm not gonna play online.
It does, but I think you still need to be online to play, and the social area is mandatory to progress. You should do a quick Google before you get it, because I think a lot of the single player stuff is going free to play next month.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one