Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Not looking for a job? Tell us about your ideal job,
and we'll only contact you when it opens up.
https://www.dwsimpson.com/register

Old 08-30-2019, 11:37 AM

Favorite beer: pilseners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Actuary View Post
The most obvious example is Mario Bros. I never let go of the turbo button. And when I played with someone who didn't it was frustrating to watch. It's like playing on a harder mode because you need quicker reaction time, better strategy, better planning. So trying to get through the level the fastest is how you could determine who was "better" at a game like that. Taking as a given that the two in comparison would both survive / beat the game a high percentage of time.
Decades ago, my college dorm held a mario-bros competition. It was fun, but I can't imagine doing again, on my own, for no reason. It must draw on some weird part of the brain.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:34 AM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Still have to wrap up Yakuza Kiwami 2 first though. I keep getting sidetracked. I did all the substories, now I'm wrapping up the Majima Construction storyline. Then I think I have about four chapters of the main story left.
Kiwami 2 is on my to do list. Just did Kiwami a few months ago and definitely looking forward to get back to Kamurocho and continue the storyline.

ACAS 7 8 9
Old 09-03-2019, 01:38 AM
CAS

Finished dq8 in about 50 hours. Not interested in grinding for the post game so I bought ff6 on my phone to pass the time and installed DQXI demo on my switch...
Old 09-03-2019, 10:19 AM
SOA AAA

Studying for FSA

Just finished "The Messenger", highly recommended if you like side scrollers. At first I was put off by how simple it is but things pick up pretty quickly after that. The gameplay and design are solid and the things they do with the story to tie with gameplay mechanics are pretty clever. Music is pretty good and the characters are just oozing with personality, shoutout to the shopkeeper.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:56 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

Finished Divinity Original Sin 2. It was okay, but I liked the first one better. I dunno, the second one got kind of boring toward the end. I've played worse, and I'll still probably replay it... it just left me kind of flat.

I tried to play Pillars of Eternity... but the graphics and interface are just too old-school. It feels incredibly dated. I got it for PS4, and naively assumed it was a modern game, but I am now fairly sure it was an "update" of a really old game. Either way... the screen also flickered non-stop, so I can't play anyway. Gave me a headache within 30 minutes.

And because I lack originality... I'm playing Fallout 4 again. I lost all my save games a while back, so everything is starting from scratch.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:02 PM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Finished Bloodstained - ritual of the night in 24 hours with map completion at 99.4%, didn't bother to investigate the remaining 0.6% and moved on to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Actually I tried Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for half an hour and gave it up eventually due to its clumsy control.

ACAS 7 8 9

Last edited by trueblade; 09-03-2019 at 03:05 PM..
Old 09-03-2019, 03:19 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblade View Post
Finished Bloodstained - ritual of the night in 24 hours with map completion at 99.4%, didn't bother to investigate the remaining 0.6% and moved on to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Actually I tried Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for half an hour and gave it up eventually due to its clumsy control.
Just add a zero to your Bloodstained hours to estimate how long it will take to get 99.4% in ACO.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:23 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
Finished Divinity Original Sin 2. It was okay, but I liked the first one better. I dunno, the second one got kind of boring toward the end. I've played worse, and I'll still probably replay it... it just left me kind of flat.

I tried to play Pillars of Eternity... but the graphics and interface are just too old-school. It feels incredibly dated. I got it for PS4, and naively assumed it was a modern game, but I am now fairly sure it was an "update" of a really old game. Either way... the screen also flickered non-stop, so I can't play anyway. Gave me a headache within 30 minutes.
DOS2 is in my backlog, but I had forgotten about it.

Pillars page on PSN store confirms -- a major update to the game, but functionality update, not content update

EDIT -- I always get the two PoE games mixed up -- Pillars of Eternity and Path of Exile.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblade View Post
So, there aren't two maps like SOTN?
Old 09-03-2019, 10:02 PM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
So, there aren't two maps like SOTN?
Only one map, but the castle in this game has more rooms combined than SOTN rooms. SOTN's first castle had 1600, this has slightly over 1900.

ACAS 7 8 9

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one