Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-04-2019, 01:45 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

What did they say about WoW: Shadowlands? Is that the one with a lower level cap than people already have? Does it look good?

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Even though it is going to be a long time until it comes out, I'm glad that the tone of Diablo 4 looks like it is getting back on track. I'm glad that a game about killing the devil looks dark again.

Also glad that this was announced so that Path of Exile gets closer to announcing 4.0. Everyone just assumed that they were playing the market and were going to choose the 4.0 timing based on what D4 did.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:43 PM
CAS

College: UNC-Chapel Hill Alum
Favorite beer: Red Oak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
D4 is reportedly not even "Blizzard soon." I doubt it will be seen in 2020.
Soonô
Old 11-04-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by act_123 View Post
The reviews for death stranding are really strange. Everything from this is horrible to it is a masterpiece.
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
Anyone tune in to Blizzcon or check the announcements after the fact? Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, WoW: Shadowlands, some stuff for Hearthstone/HotS too I think. Watched the D4 cinematic trailer and really enjoyed the presentation, but honestly don't care too much about any of the announcements right now. Nothing seemed that mind blowing or exciting. Maybe that's just because I'm focused on WoW classic right now.
Any target dates? I find it interesting they announced Overwatch 2 after just putting Overwatch on Switch.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:23 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
The reviews for death stranding are really strange. Everything from this is horrible to it is a masterpiece.
Sounds spot on....
Old 11-04-2019, 05:19 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for FSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Any target dates? I find it interesting they announced Overwatch 2 after just putting Overwatch on Switch.
Overwatch 2 is a weird concept... from the sounds of it, they're adding PvE content with skill trees and such but the PvP mode will remain largely unchanged to the point that if you own Overwatch you can play the PvP on Overwatch 2 for free. I'd assume they'll touch up the visuals on characters and that's about it.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:34 PM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Quote:
I've never played a kojima game but I'm hyped for death stranding. Right now I refuse to read any of the reviews and will just go into the game blind and see for myself.

ACAS 7 8 9
Old 11-05-2019, 07:24 PM
CAS

Really excited for League of Legends Worlds Finals this Sunday! Not so excited it starts at 5am CT.

2 more weeks left in the season and looks like I'll end up gold 2-3. Played a bunch of ranked last weekend after not doing much this season. Was repeatedly told to kill myself, die of cancer and called a subhuman dog, with low skill, low iq and high body fat. I assured the last guy that despite my low skill and questionable iq, i have a healthy BMI. At a certain point, it's just comical.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Thatís the one where the whole game is a giant walking simulator, right? I think I read something about hour+ cut scenes too? If Iím thinking about the right game, it makes total sense that youíd see such a wide variety of reviews. As a game, itís probably terrible, but as an interactive movie, itís probably amazing. Reviewers will call the game good or bad based on how they value gameplay vs. story. Personally, if the gameplay is boring, I have no interest, but a lot of people just want to watch a movie where they have some degree of control over the outcome.

On an unrelated note, the November PS+ games came out yesterday. This month, the games are Nioh and Outlast 2. The first one is a fantasy RPG set in Japan a few hundred years ago, and the second one is a survival horror game with a really creepy trailer. I probably wonít even bother installing Nioh. I find RPGs pretty boring in general, and supposedly, the difficulty is ramped up way too high for this one in particular. Outlast could be interesting, but like Nioh, not really my thing. Of the two, I can see myself playing Outlast before I play Nioh, but realistically, Iíll keep playing The Show until the December games are announced. Anyone want to make a case for either game though?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:44 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf58 View Post
Really excited for League of Legends Worlds Finals this Sunday! Not so excited it starts at 5am CT.

2 more weeks left in the season and looks like I'll end up gold 2-3. Played a bunch of ranked last weekend after not doing much this season. Was repeatedly told to kill myself, die of cancer and called a subhuman dog, with low skill, low iq and high body fat. I assured the last guy that despite my low skill and questionable iq, i have a healthy BMI. At a certain point, it's just comical.
Yeah... I played League a lot, then took a break when my friends weren't playing much.

I've played a lot of ranked but only playing ranked kinda loses it's allure after a while. And it doesn't help chat is pretty horrible. I think it's worst in the silver-gold range, where everyone believes they're stuck in "elo hell"

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one