Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Corporate Finance and ERM (CFE) Track > ERM Exam
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

ERM Exam Old Advanced Finance and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Forum

Old 01-15-2019, 01:36 PM
SOA

Studying for ERM, CFE, SDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddya89 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the formula sheet was provided by PAK for the first time for the 2018 Fall sitting and it was compiled closer to the exam. Maybe others who purchased PAK can weigh in on this....
This is correct - we update it each sitting and release it around the time people start their review (i.e., after their first read-through). I believe last time we posted it on the PAK Forum, but it may have been in one of the downloads as well, depending on your package.

www.pakstudymanual.com
PAK Study Manual Packages/Seminars for CFE/SDM/ERM Spring 2019

SDM: Sample
CFE: Sample
ERM: Sample
Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 PM
SOA

College: Penn State Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulP View Post
This is correct - we update it each sitting and release it around the time people start their review (i.e., after their first read-through). I believe last time we posted it on the PAK Forum, but it may have been in one of the downloads as well, depending on your package.
This makes sense. I was so swamped between work, materials, and problems that I barely had time to examine the forum last sitting.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:58 PM
SOA

Studying for ILA - LRM
College: University of Central Missouri (UCM) Alum
Favorite beer: The Poet (New Holland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffd View Post
This makes sense. I was so swamped between work, materials, and problems that I barely had time to examine the forum last sitting.
One criticism I have with PAK (may not really be a criticism for a lot of folks) is that the number of materials they provide seems overwhelming at times. Wish stuff was a bit more organized so we can digest it in pieces.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:00 PM
SOA

Studying for ILA - LRM

And yeah I failed. This was my second attempt and I received the same score (3) as last time. Disappointing, considering I felt like my study time was a lot more productive this time around. The particular set of questions on the exam were not at all aligned with what I felt the most comfortable with, and the amount of writing involved led me to run out of time. C'est la vie.

I'm now mulling over the possibility of switching to the LRM exam because the CERA is less important to me than FSA and I scored very well on the extension material last time and I expect to do so again this time.
Old Today, 12:28 PM
SOA

Passing percentages are up - just a 34.5% rate (36.5% effective) for this past sitting. Down from 40.1% (42.3%) in the spring.

A much bigger drop than I was expecting, especially considering the consensus seemed to be that the October sitting was much easier.
Old Today, 12:44 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
Passing percentages are up - just a 34.5% rate (36.5% effective) for this past sitting. Down from 40.1% (42.3%) in the spring.

A much bigger drop than I was expecting, especially considering the consensus seemed to be that the October sitting was much easier.
This is the lowest ERM pass rate... since at least 2012.
Old Today, 04:16 PM
SOA

Studying for ERM
Favorite beer: Free

No wonder considering Q3 of 14 points. It was very general. I wrote tons of pages and I did not feel that off topic. Turns out I got a 2. I guess I was way off topic.
Old Today, 05:15 PM
SOA

Studying for ILA - LRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post

lol this exam is garbage