Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries

Old 05-19-2017, 07:53 PM
CAS

wtb switch
Old 05-20-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
This is killing me...lol

And if you only do half the endings for VLR...
Oh, haha. I see how you read that. I'm gonna finish the other 3 endings of 999. I was just saying that I don't think I can jump right into VLR after finishing 999. I need something in between to reset myself.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:48 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Oh, haha. I see how you read that. I'm gonna finish the other 3 endings of 999. I was just saying that I don't think I can jump right into VLR after finishing 999. I need something in between to reset myself.
Oh okay - that makes sense!
Old 05-22-2017, 11:05 AM
SOA

Binged on PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds this weekend. Can be super intense and rewarding, but also super frustrating. Definitely not a game for everyone, but I enjoyed playing it this weekend.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:11 PM
SOA

Studying for FHE Module
College: Purdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by redearedslider View Post
wtb switch
Target and Gamestop were offering online orders for a couple different bundles. Ordered mine (includes Zelda, Mario Kart, and a pro controller) from Target last week; should be here Wednesday
Old 05-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Four endings down. Also learned it is really easy to skip ahead and make the path work. Since I've done certain doors farther down the path than the one I'm on, once I finish it, I can basically skip to the ending I'm trying for. Should wrap this up in a day or two I think.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Binged on PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds this weekend. Can be super intense and rewarding, but also super frustrating. Definitely not a game for everyone, but I enjoyed playing it this weekend.
just came to search. Started playing last week. Pretty awesome game.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:23 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Skunk View Post
just came to search. Started playing last week. Pretty awesome game.
Yeah, responding to your other post on my build thread here:

As did I (the whole holding right click instead of tapping to scope for first two games)..... Doing better with it now! My favorite loadout thus far has been M16 with 8x for head tapping people and AKM for mid and close range for it's big stopping power. I've read online that many people prefer the SCAR and UMP more than I have, so I'll be giving them more of a chance in the future. Haven't tried the Vector yet either. Pump Shotguns and Snipers are really good, you just have to be super confident in your aiming, which I'm still working on. Have choked extremely hard with both of them late in games to warrant me preferring the semiauto or auto guns right now.

Believe my highest kill count is 9 so far.

Think I have 2 solo wins so far and also 2 or 3 second places in solos. I've done pretty well there by going to places that might be a far jump and be a bit isolated to loot up and then rely on getting a car or circle luck to make it late game. Severny and Primorsk are probably my 2 most common landing areas.

In Duos I only have 1 win and we got extreme circle luck (I was playing with my cousin who was even less experienced than me at the game and not good with awareness and relied on my calls for most part). I got 8 kills, he had 1. We landed Primorsk and killed two other teams then the circle finished outside of Gatka, in easy range for us. We got a couple late kills to finish it off.

In Squads I don't think I've survived to the end yet, but have had a teammate clutch it 2 times now. My first "chicken dinner" ever was my teammate clutching a 1v3 with a double frag kill then finishing the third off with rifle. It was a 3v3 until me and other teammate went down trying to flank them. In the other squad win we had an absurd win where the circle was NEVER in our favor. We somehow managed to keep traversing in and suppressing people in the circle while finishing teams pushing in with us late game. It finished in the crates by Georgopol and we were originally looting in Mylta. We had to work our way through open fields into the complex while taking out two teams. I CHOKED so hard at the end, we had 3 people make it into the complex and crates for end game fight and I WHIFFED my pump shotty shots when it mattered and got taken out, leaving a 1v2v3 (we were the 2 team), in which same guy who clutched the 1v3 won it again with the final 3 kills.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Yeah, responding to your other post on my build thread here:
Yeah. I played duo with a buddy who just knows everything about this game and he showed me a few spots for cool landings. One is a group of 5 buildings with a car that everyone avoids because there is a better spot just down the road. (The better spot is the "puzzle" buildings and school near Rozhok.)

Once I am loaded up I make a decision whether to creep towards the circle or kamikaze to the middle and try to find a building to find more loot or camp.

I do like the Scar and the Ump.

Haven't gotten first yet...
Old 05-24-2017, 04:33 PM

Last night I challenged myself to a no sound no kill (until 1v1) solo game. Came in 2nd.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one