Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries

Old 12-22-2005, 10:18 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: KCCO Gold Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Gambler
Do you not have a eBay account WA?
I do, but I've never sold on ebay, only bought a few things.

But I did figure I would offer it here first if someone wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I like playing with myself
Old 12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
James Washer / Notes Contributor
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary
I do, but I've never sold on ebay, only bought a few things.

But I did figure I would offer it here first if someone wanted.
That's cool. I thought about doing that with 360, but decided I wanted to make some $$$.

We help people pass actuarial exams.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Gambler
That's cool. I thought about doing that with 360, but decided I wanted to make some $$$.
oh yeah, with the 360 I would do that too if I had one I was selling.
But the gamecube and extras isn't going to go for that much, so I figured I'd check here for a few days if anyone wanted, and then I may try ebay.

I know I can sell most of it, or all of it, to a store that buys it back. But sports games that aren't the current year, yeah, they give you 0.75 for them. Plus they're buying the system back for $30, since they sell it used for $60.
Smash brothers melee I think was the best buy back among the games at $11 or $12. Honestly, I think the store might give me like 70 for everything. I figured if I could sell it for 100, I would do better, and so would the person buying it.

Quote:
Old 12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
SOA

Quote:

anyone...I'd probably settle for 100 bucks (plus shipping - your choice) for all this
not holding onto it for the new Zelda game coming out early 06? it's gonna be sick!

maybe zelda games are not your thing...?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
SOA

they were...I still have the original and sequel for NES...I never had the SNES one. I have both from N64, but you know what, when it went all kiddie on Game Cube, they ruined it for me...I think that was windtalkers or something like that. They were doing so good with the N64 ones, then they ruined it.

Quote:
Old 12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
2006 Grammy Contest Winner

Quote:
they were...I still have the original and sequel for NES...I never had the SNES one. I have both from N64, but you know what, when it went all kiddie on Game Cube, they ruined it for me...I think that was windtalkers or something like that. They were doing so good with the N64 ones, then they ruined it.
The new one will return to a style similar to Majora's Mask and Link to the Past. Wind Waker was an embarassment to the franchise, and not necessarily because of the art direction (I actually liked it). There were fewer dungeons and a collectathon, all for the sake of getting the game out on time. I hated travelling around in that dumb boat.

Go for eBay with that bundle. People are suckers for system bundles with a dozen games and a full set of controllers.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:03 PM
SOA

cool.
It was Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for N64 btw. (Not sure where you're getting Link to the Past)

Quote:
Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass
The new one will return to a style similar to Majora's Mask and Link to the Past. Wind Waker was an embarassment to the franchise, and not necessarily because of the art direction (I actually liked it). There were fewer dungeons and a collectathon, all for the sake of getting the game out on time. I hated travelling around in that dumb boat.

Go for eBay with that bundle. People are suckers for system bundles with a dozen games and a full set of controllers.
embarassment to the franchise must be your opinion...

...cuz aside for OOT (which is considered the best), Wind Waker is considered one of the top in the franchise. while the boat was annoying...zelda games ALWAYS had CRAZY side quests that took time...but weren't necessary to complete the game.

the boat in WW is no different than riding your horse across hyrule in OOT.

plus there was no rush to get the game out...it was just as complete as any zelda game before it.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:32 PM
SOA

Quote:
cool.
It was Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for N64 btw. (Not sure where you're getting Link to the Past)
the new one looks great! definetely back to OOT graphics (but better, obviously).

there's this whole "link can turn into a wolf thing" that industry critics are saying is a "great aspect of the game." but something in me tells me it'll be pretty lame...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:15 PM
2006 Grammy Contest Winner

Quote:
cool.
Supposedly there's a Light/Dark element to the Twilight Princess, somewhat like LTTP. I still haven't finished that game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop
embarassment to the franchise must be your opinion...

...cuz aside for OOT (which is considered the best), Wind Waker is considered one of the top in the franchise. while the boat was annoying...zelda games ALWAYS had CRAZY side quests that took time...but weren't necessary to complete the game.

the boat in WW is no different than riding your horse across hyrule in OOT.

plus there was no rush to get the game out...it was just as complete as any zelda game before it.
Totally IMO, but many I've talked with share the opinion. It's no secret that Nintendo switched up the chain of events when they realized that they couldn't delay the game any longer, and the "quest" might have been introduced to keep the proper game length. BTW, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this sidequest essential to finishing the game? I don't mean to spoil anyone who hasn't played this one, but it involves digging into the ocean.

I also felt like the sailing took more time than horseriding in OOT, even with the shortcut you get a little ways into the game. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game at first, but it got to the point of tediousness about halfway through.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one