Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-06-2017, 05:15 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Mario Odyssey is awesome. Wife has beaten the campaign and has over 500 moons. Sheís now tracking down the new moons. When I noticed Lakitu day, ďHow did I get here?Ē after she released him, the hidden idea of the hat became a little bleaker.

Mlschop, (or anyone else) if she likes Mario and finding stuff, would she like Breath of the Wild?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
BotW is a lot more "sophisticated" in my opinion. What I mean is that it feels more like a game with consequences, where Mario is a game about fun.
I largely agree with radoaos. BoTW is a challenging game, whereas Mario offers very little challenge (imo), but it a fun sandbox.

My wife is a SUPER casual gamer. She loves Zelda games though (she's proud that she beat Ocarina of Time for the first time last year; it only took her ~20 years). She has probably put in 20+ hours in BoTW and loves it. She has absolutely no interest in Odyssey. So YMMV...
Old 11-07-2017, 01:50 PM
SOA

SNES Classic arrived! I can't wait to play some 16-bit classics tonight!

I'm annoyed that (for some reason) the extension cables I've used on my NES Classic don't seem to work on the SNES classic. Given the standard SNES cables are 2 ft longer than NES ones, I'm wondering if the power sent over them just isn't enough over the total extended cable length.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:59 PM

According to Destiny Waster, I’ve played 56 hours of D2. That’s just under an hour a day since launch. I have a 292 Warlock and a 280 Hunter. Not sure when I’ll start my Titan.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:03 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
According to Destiny Waster, Iíve played 56 hours of D2. Thatís just under an hour a day since launch. I have a 292 Warlock and a 280 Hunter. Not sure when Iíll start my Titan.
The Titan in D2 is really enjoyable - definitely start one.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:32 PM

I'm not really enjoying a lot of games recently.

Destiny 2 PC: Ok game I guess. Have a couple 280ish characters, but I don't know how much more I'm going to play. Probably a little more for nightfall and raid stuff but it doesn't really feel interesting enough to dedicate much time to.

Pyre: The description said "squad based RPG" which doesn't seem all that accurate and I didn't look at it enough to know the gameplay is some weird basketball-esque type game that doesn't seem all that fun. I can't really play for more than like 15 minutes before I get bored.

Total War Warhammer 2: Probably should have seen it coming but it just doesn't do anything new. Problem with the game is that the campaign map gameplay is basically trying to avoid any close fights so if you're doing well at one side of the game all you do auto-resolve battles. Got old pretty quick.

There are a few games I want to play, but don't really want to enough to pay full price (shadow of war, south park, Wolfenstein). Guess I'll stick with destiny for now.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:58 PM
SOA

Quote:
According to Destiny Waster, Iíve played 56 hours of D2. Thatís just under an hour a day since launch. I have a 292 Warlock and a 280 Hunter. Not sure when Iíll start my Titan.
I saved titan for last and it ended up my favorite. Strikers are super powerful in Nightfall when cool downs are reduced with their double pulse grenades. Almost never have to shoot, just keep tossing grenades!

My time spent on D2 is double yours .
Old 11-08-2017, 10:58 AM

Super Mario Odyssey is great!

Spoiler:
That moment at the end where you possess Bowser reminded me of the moment at the end of Portal 2

Spoiler:
where you shoot the portal onto the surface of the moon.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:48 AM
CAS

Studying for the credential

I relocated for my job.
AM i the only one that decided to not bring any video games to not be distracted?

Old 11-08-2017, 12:58 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redprinceton View Post
Super Mario Odyssey is great!

Spoiler:
That moment at the end where you possess Bowser reminded me of the moment at the end of Portal 2

Spoiler:
where you shoot the portal onto the surface of the moon.
Your analogy is really odd, but I kinda get it lol
Old 11-08-2017, 01:31 PM

Studying for life
Favorite beer: Six Point Resin

I've been playing Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS. Been a fan of the Monster Hunter series for some time. They did a really good job with this one, of converting it into a turn-based combat system while still being a Monster Hunter game at its core.
Retracted below.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one